Author Topic: Is The GOP Primary Race Over?  (Read 236 times)

Online Kamaji

Is The GOP Primary Race Over?
« on: July 10, 2023, 12:56:21 pm »
Is The GOP Primary Race Over?

Scott Morefield
Jul 10, 2023

It seems like every day there’s another poll released that shows former President Donald Trump with a massive lead over his closest rival, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. As a DeSantis supporter, I take them with a very large grain of salt. Not only do absurd and unrealistic claims in the cross tabs of many of these polls defy belief, but only two out of 70 of the most recent polls actually have sampling that meets RNC requirements for a candidate to meet the debate threshold.

Because of this and because of the way Trump allies, surrogates, and supporters lean on them to convey a sense of inevitability & invincibility for the former president as the presumptive GOP nominee before the campaign really begins, I consider these polls to be one of the most devious psyops of modern political history. And it’s not even surprising, especially considering that both the Republican and Democratic establishments seem to WANT a Trump GOP primary victory.

That said, even someone as optimistic about DeSantis’ ultimate chances as myself will readily admit that Trump is still the front-runner and leads, albeit not as much, even in properly done polls without crazy sampling issues and weird claims in the cross tabs. Which begs the following questions: Will Trump’s polling lead narrow? When will that happen?

Source:  https://townhall.com/columnists/scottmorefield/2023/07/10/is-the-gop-primary-race-over-n2625482

Offline LMAO

Re: Is The GOP Primary Race Over?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 01:23:31 pm »
The republican party is in a trap

Primary candidates can’t win without the Trump endorsement. But  they can’t win the general election with that endorsement
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 01:30:04 pm »
The republican party is in a trap

Primary candidates can’t win without the Trump endorsement. But  they can’t win the general election with that endorsement

Yup.  Sort of a Catch-22.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 02:19:06 pm »

This makes zero sense.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 02:27:09 pm »
This makes zero sense.

To you, probably not.   

But it’s really quite simple. No GOP candidate can win the primary without the MAGA, or more specifically, the Trump endorsement

But then those same candidates go on to lose the general.

But there is the factor of the left joining MAGAs in the primaries to choose losing candidates for the general election so maybe the true impact of MAGAs in the primary process may be overstated

« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 02:34:50 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy