Author Topic: The Senate Races Set Up Dems for Delicious Agony  (Read 236 times)

Offline Kamaji

The Senate Races Set Up Dems for Delicious Agony
« on: July 10, 2023, 12:51:52 pm »
The Senate Races Set Up Dems for Delicious Agony

Kurt Schlichter
Jul 10, 2023

With the spectacle of kaiju candidates Ronzilla and King Don flattening Tokyo as they battle it out for the presidential nomination, it's no surprise that the Senate races are getting short-shrift. But don’t overlook them – look the hell out of them. These are hugely important because a Senate majority provides a critical bulwark – not the sissy dork kind but the real kind – against total Dem dominance if we lose our razor-thin House majority and if we nominate a presidential candidate who can’t get it done in the general. We have a very good map this cycle – we can’t blow it again.

Let’s talk about the presidential nominee thing for a second because it will be important. If we nominate Donald Trump, every Democrat invertebrate is going to come crawling out of his/her/xir libhole to vote against him. Nothing motivates these weasels like The Donald. This applies even if that crusty, senile old pervert with the popularity of chlamydia is on the ticket. Sure, Democrat voters understand that Biden is in a persistent vegetative state – maybe he should borrow some of Hunter’s blow to liven things up – but they hate Trump more. Their election of Keystone Shrek demonstrates they are willing to vote for a golem over Trump. Sadly, the same is true of some Republicans who will not vote for The Big T regardless – they should vote for the nominee regardless, but people are not always rational. So, in the Senate races, if Trump is on the ticket, it’s going to matter a lot. You don’t have to like that reality, but a reality it is.

Let’s look at the key Senate races and understand that if the Republicans are smart, they can get the two seats we need to retake the majority. But then, remember that they are Republicans.

West Virginia: Joe Manchin could not be more toast if he were made of Wonderbread and smeared with butter. A Dem in WV is an anomaly that simply will not endure. There’s a good chance Joe does not even run and instead takes the nod from the No Labels geeks or does something else to escape the coming humiliation. There is no needle he can thread that saves his seat in 2024. This is a lock for the GOP.

Ohio: Sherrod Brown is a weird communist doofus who my home state has inexplicably elected several times, even though it has been getting consistently redder over the years. The idea of a younger, less-virile Bernie Sanders representing Ohio is bizarre, and this cycle, it is time to send him to where fired pinkos go. Trump will not hurt the GOP here, but the impeachment issue will hurt Brown since Brown holds a fellow Democrat countable for his crimes. I like Bernie Moreno here, but it will be a big primary because the GOP smells blood. This is a likely win for the GOP.

Source:  https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2023/07/10/the-senate-races-set-up-dems-for-delicious-agony-n2625470

Offline LMAO

Re: The Senate Races Set Up Dems for Delicious Agony
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 01:53:08 pm »
The Senate races may be the one bright spot in 2024 for the GOP along with some state races.  The House makes me nervous but if we keep the same numbers in the House and take the Senate, that will keep the government divided enough in DC
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 02:36:10 pm »
The Senate races may be the one bright spot in 2024 for the GOP along with some state races.  The House makes me nervous but if we keep the same numbers in the House and take the Senate, that will keep the government divided enough in DC

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 03:16:59 pm »
Dems better be contingency planning in case Biden needs to be put out to pasture before November, 2024.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 11:00:56 pm »
RINO snorts:
"Dems better be contingency planning in case Biden needs to be put out to pasture before November, 2024."

From the looks of how ol' white joe has been doing over just the past few days, I'm wondering if he's even going to last until January 2025.

As in, "live that long"...