Author Topic: Here's Why DeSantis Decided to Run For President In 2024 and Not 2028  (Read 147 times)

Online Kamaji

Here's Why DeSantis Decided to Run For President In 2024 and Not 2028

Sarah Arnold
July 09, 2023

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla) revealed why he decidednot to wait until 2028— or when former President Trump was out of the picture— to run for the GOP nomination.

Outkick host Tomi Lahren asked DeSantis about voters who argued the governor should have waited for his "turn" to run in 2028 rather than 2024 against Trump, rejecting the idea that anyone is entitled to a turn at running for president.

"First of all, in America, we don't have turns. People can run if they believe they have something to offer the country. I can tell you as somebody that's worn the country's uniform, who served in Iraq, who believes in a cause greater than myself, I believe 2024 is make or break," DeSantis said.

The governor echoed recent claims saying that he is the one who can beat President Joe Biden.

"I believe 2024 is make or break. I don't think we have time for excuses. I've shown the ability to defeat the Democrats," he added. "Yes, at the ballot box by winning Florida by a historic margin, but also on issue after issue."

DeSantis told Lahren that his ability to take action and "walk the walk." has proven that he will deliver promises to Americans, citing his successful handling of lockdowns, education, and transgender athletes competing with women and illegal migrants.

Despite the Florida governor being behind in the polls, DeSantis has dismissed negative reactions, saying he is running to win in January and February— not "to juice polling now."

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2023/07/09/heres-why-desantis-decided-not-to-wait-until-2028-to-run-for-president-n2625479