Author Topic: NBC meteorologist cites controversial UN study claiming extreme heat will make US south unlivable  (Read 735 times)

Offline Kamaji

NBC meteorologist cites controversial UN study claiming extreme heat will make US south unlivable for humans

By Yael Halon, Fox News
July 10, 2023

An NBC meteorologist suggested Sunday that the United Nations’ prediction that extreme heat could make certain US areas in the south unlivable for humans in the future is “probably closer than you might think.”

During a discussion about the extreme heat waves expected to impact parts of the US this summer, NBC meteorologist Angie Lassman cited a controversial 2022 U.N. climate report claiming that rising temperatures in the US will make parts of Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana and California “less suitable” for human habitation by 2070.

“The human body simply can’t handle these levels of heat and will go into heat stress,” guest host Joe Fryer said on NBC’s “Sunday Today.” “With much of the country and the world experiencing these record temps, at what point do certain areas just simply become uninhabitable for humans?”

Lassman said Fryer’s concern is “actually, probably closer than you might think,” highlighting the widely denounced report which warned that in some areas of the US south and others regions of the world, heatwaves will become so dangerous in less than fifty years that human life there will be unsustainable if no action is taken to reassess the world’s climate policies.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/10/nbc-meteorologist-angie-lassman-cites-un-study-claiming-extreme-heat-will-make-us-south-unlivable-for-humans/

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

And the lies just keep coming.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Great, then they can start saving all the democrats and illegals by moving them elsewhere right now and leave us conservative minded to survive on our own in the coming calamity :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The heat we're hearing about in the Southeast US is petty disturbing, but then I saw that we had the same thing in the 70's like it Texas.

Offline Kamaji

The heat we're hearing about in the Southeast US is petty disturbing, but then I saw that we had the same thing in the 70's like it Texas.

:thumbsup:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Great, then they can start saving all the democrats and illegals by moving them elsewhere right now and leave us conservative minded to survive on our own in the coming calamity :silly: :silly: :silly:

:yowsa: I heartily endorse this plan @GtHawk
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

That's why they built reservoirs out West ... they knew there would be hot, dry spells.

The Bureau of Land Reclamation went about building reservoirs out West so desert and scrub land could be "reclaimed" for productive uses.

Water consumption has been growing faster than the ability to build additional reservoir capacity.

Water needs to be managed more efficiently if no additional reservoir capacity is coming online.

As for heat, the Record High Temperature in Boston was 104F, July 4th, 1911.
Source: https://www.extremeweatherwatch.com/cities/boston/highest-temperatures

Today's climate extreme headlines are manufactured to draw ratings, and to be propagated by social media algorithms.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 07:45:43 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

No Evidence That Extreme Weather on the Rise: A Look at the Past - (5) Heat Waves
July 10, 2023

Recent blistering hot spells in Texas, the Pacific northwest and Europe have only served to amplify the belief that heat waves are now more frequent and longer than in the past, due to climate change. But a careful look at the evidence reveals that this belief is mistaken, and that current heat waves are no more linked to global warming than any of the other weather extremes we’ve examined.

It’s true that a warming world is likely to make heat waves more common. By definition, heat waves are periods of abnormally hot weather, last­ing from days to weeks. However, heat waves have been a regular feature of Earth’s climate for at least as long as recorded history, and heat waves of the last few decades pale in comparison to those of the 1930s – a period whose importance is frequently downplayed by the media and climate activists.

Those who dismiss the 1930s justify their position by claiming that the searing heat was confined to just 10 of the Great Plains states in the U.S. and caused by Dust Bowl drought. But this simply isn’t so. The evidence shows that the record heat of the 1930s – when the globe was also warming – extended throughout much of North America, as well as other countries such as France, India and Australia.  ...  https://www.scienceunderattack.com/blog/2023/7/10/no-evidence-that-extreme-weather-on-the-rise-a-look-at-the-past-5-heat-waves-133
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.