Author Topic: NOAA Throws Cold Water On Hysterical Claims Of ‘Hottest Days On Record’  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY NICK POPE ON JUL 10, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

NOAA Throws Cold Water On Hysterical Claims Of ‘Hottest Days On Record’

Numerous corporate media outlets drove the narrative that July 3-5 was the hottest 72-hour stretch ever on record, citing a data tool from the University of Maine that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has warned is not as dependable as traditional observational data. [emphasis, links added]

The New York Times, Fortune, Axios, and CBS News each cited the University of Maine’s Climate Reanalyzer in various Thursday reports asserting that this week’s global temperatures broke the previous record for the hottest three-day stretch.

The coverage came as NOAA said Thursday that the Reanalyzer’s data is not a suitable substitute for observational data, since the Reanalyzer depends in part on unverifiable outputs, according to The Associated Press.

Axios’ Thursday headline asserted that “Earth sees three hottest days on record,” while The Times wrote in its Thursday story that “the past three days were quite likely the hottest in Earth’s modern history.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/noaa-throws-cold-water-on-hysterical-claims-of-hottest-days-on-record/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

NOAA said Thursday that the Reanalyzer’s data is not a suitable substitute for observational data, since the Reanalyzer depends in part on unverifiable outputs, according to The Associated Press.

Indeed.