Author Topic: UK Government Report: The Automobile Industry Does Not Know How to Repair EV Batteries  (Read 230 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UK Government Report: The Automobile Industry Does Not Know How to Repair EV Batteries
2 hours ago Eric Worrall 
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t Geoff Buys Cars; Even minor accidents often lead to a £14,200 – £29,500 battery write-off.

Electric vehicle repair costs revealed versus ICE equivalent

05/07/2023 in Electric fleet news

The research, published by Thatcham Research and funded by the Government’s innovation agency, Innovate UK, highlights the technical and practical differences between battery electric vehicle (BEVs) and internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicle insurance claims processes.

Thatcham Research’s data-driven modelling shows that in 2022, 9,400 vehicles were potentially involved in collisions resulting in battery inclusion in the repair. This is estimated to reach up to 260,000 vehicles annually by 2035.

Adrian Watson, head of engineering research, Thatcham Research, said: “Without meaningful change, there is a strong likelihood that claims costs will continue to rise disproportionally.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/07/10/uk-government-report-the-automobile-industry-does-not-know-how-to-repair-ev-batteries/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"UK Government Report: The Automobile Industry Does Not Know How to Repair EV Batteries"

Fishrrman "thought-repellant" reply:
Perhaps that's because after the majority of incidents that damage car batteries, those batteries are rendered permanently "UN-repairable" ...