Author Topic: EVs Fall Short of EPA Estimates by a Much Larger Margin Than Gas Cars in Our Real-World Highway Test  (Read 216 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EVs Fall Short of EPA Estimates by a Much Larger Margin Than Gas Cars in Our Real-World Highway Testing
Story by Caleb Miller • 16m ago

SAE International has just published a paper co-authored by Car and Driver's testing director, Dave VanderWerp, showing that, in our testing, EVs are far worse at matching EPA estimates than gas-powered vehicles.

The paper compares EPA fuel-economy and range estimates to the results of C/D's real-world highway tests, with EVs failing to meet the EPA's range figures on average.

The authors propose solutions like more standardized testing procedures and the inclusion of both city and highway range figures on new vehicles' Monroney price stickers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/evs-fall-short-of-epa-estimates-by-a-much-larger-margin-than-gas-cars-in-our-real-world-highway-testing/ar-AA1a9Fdw?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=50cd38d7923e4752be2e59db41221197&ei=44
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson