Author Topic: 'Sound of Freedom' movie prompts crucial call to action: ‘God's children are no longer for sale'  (Read 2726 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

'Sound of Freedom' movie prompts crucial call to action: ‘God's children are no longer for sale'
The faith-based film became the top-grossing movie at the box office on Independence Day
Fox News, Jul 9, 2023

Operation Underground Railroad founder Tim Ballard's film "Sound of Freedom," which highlights the realities of child sex-trafficking, is continuing to draw in audiences across the country.

The movie is outperforming other Hollywood contenders such as Walt Disney's "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny," raking in over $14 million on its opening day.

The thriller is based on the true story of Ballard, a former federal agent, and his mission to save children from the underground sex slave trade.

In 2013, Ballard quit his job as a DHS special agent to establish Operation Underground Railroad, which helps rescue trafficked children from sex slavery and exploitation worldwide.

Ballard told guest host Katie Pavlich on "Jesse Watters Primetime" that the United States has the number-one demand for child exploitation material.

"We're thrilled that we have an opportunity to shine a light on what is the fastest-growing criminal enterprise in the world," he said. "$150 billion is made every year off the backs of slaves, including millions of children who are enslaved."

"We've ranked in the top three for destination countries," he added. "It's the economy of pedophilia."

Ballard said he hopes "Sound of Freedom" will cause people to "wake up."

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/media/sound-of-freedom-gods-children-no-longer-sale

Sound of Freedom is a SMASHING SUCCESS, projected to earn OVER $40 MILLION in opening week
Post Millennium, Jul 9, 2023

Angel Studios announced on Sunday that its smash hit movie Sound of Freedom is projected to earn $18 million in its opening weekend and claim the number three spot. Estimates are additionally predicting an even more massive $40 million at the box office in the opening week. The film also received an A+ CinemaScore, a 76% fresh score, and a 99% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.

In a press release, Head of Theatrical Distribution at Angel Studios Brandon Purdie said, "As with our July 4th numbers, today’s numbers exceed our expectations, and we’re going to continue this momentum. SOUND of FREEDOM has taken on a life of its own."

Earlier this week, Sound of Freedom whipped Disney's Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny at the box office, grossing over $14 million on its release day of July 4, whereas the latter only took in $11.5 million on its June 30 opening day.

"We’re getting messages from all over the country telling us about packed theaters, sold-out theaters, and spontaneous standing ovations for the film in numerous locations," Purdie explained. "Seeing this film has become a must thanks to incredible word-of-mouth,” said Brandon Purdie, Head of Theatrical Distribution at Angel Studios. “We’re deeply grateful to AMC, Cinemark, Regal, and all our theater partners—and their hard-working theater staff members—for working with us to accommodate the surging demand for this film and having the courage to release SOUND OF FREEDOM during the busiest movie season of the year.”

Sound of Freedom tells the story of a former government agent, Tim Ballard, who started an organization to fight child sex trafficking in Colombia. It stars Jim Caviezel, who plays Ballard as he embarks on a mission to rescue children who have arguably been subjected to the worst of crimes.

It is based on a true story about Ballard's organization, Operation Underground Railroad, and a real mission where his team saved 55 children and 123 people in total.

More:  https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-sound-of-freedom-is-a-smashing-success-projected-to-earn-over-40-million-in-opening-week?utm_campaign=64483

Offline PeteS in CA

The movie is POing and making nervous people who should be:

The Guardian upset that Sound of Freedom is doing well at the box office. Really.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/07/07/the-guardian-upset-that-sound-of-freedom-is-doing-well-at-the-box-office-really-n563046

The Guardian believes that talking about child sex trafficking is too Q-Anon adjacent to cheer for. A movie that celebrates rescuing children from the growing sex trade plays into the dark conspiracy theories that The Guardian fears are animating Right-wingers, so it’s best to sweep the whole problem under the rug.

No, I am not kidding. That is their critique of The Sound of Freedom. Too much God, too much concern for children. It might lead people to think that the child sex trade is a real problem and that too many people at the top of our society are unconcerned about it.

The critique of Jim Caviezel’s latest movie is truly bizarre. It concedes that nothing actually in The Sound of Freedom promotes Q-Anon (a conspiracy theory about which I have only the vaguest notion, and nobody I know buys into), but since the theme of child sex trafficking plays a role in both the conspiracy theory and the movie, it’s important to trash the movie lest people worry about…child sex trafficking…or celebrate those who bravely stand up to the traffickers.

Wrong people, making a movie about a subject that makes Progs nervous.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

This AM during my commute, Mike Gallagher discussed some the vociferous/hysterical MSM opposition to "Sound of Freedom". The movie is about a former DHS Special Agent who resigned and formed Operation Underground Railroad to rescue trafficked children - = children being raped and prostituted sex slaves - and shut down traffickers.

What is not to like about raped and prostituted sex-slave children being freed and enslavers of children being exposed and shut down? !!!

This begs, demands, an answer to, "Why are mainstream media people trashing the movie?"

Do they hate what Tim Ballard and Operation Underground Railroad do, rescuing trafficked children and shutting down child sex-traffickers?

Do they hate Jim Caviezel so much for playing Jesus in "The Passion of the Christ" that they will trash anything he does, even something obviously good?

Do they hate Angel Studios so much for their video series "The Chosen", which is about the life of Jesus that they will trash anything Angel Studios does, even something obviously good?

MSM trashers of "Sound of Freedom" need loud, voluminous, WTH-pushback.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
I just bought my ticket and will be seeing it tonight. I tried to see it this past weekend, but my favorite theater didn't have any good seats available, it was always nearly sold out.  Unfortunately, it looks like starting tomorrow the new Mission Impossible movie will start taking over the theaters, reducing the number of showings for Sound of Freedom.
Let it burn.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Not going to sit for 2 hours in a packed theater...people hacking, etc..

Perfect time for Mel Gibson, Jim Caviezel and Donald Trump to form
a major movie studio featuring the world view thru a Conservative's eyes.

Get Clint Eastwood's endorsement since he's 93.     happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

Not yet available for streaming.  **nononono*

Offline Ghost Bear

Not yet available for streaming.  **nononono*

Geeze, it just opened in theaters on the Fourth. Give it some time to make some money before it's streamed and pirated everywhere.
Let it burn.

Online roamer_1

Geeze, it just opened in theaters on the Fourth. Give it some time to make some money before it's streamed and pirated everywhere.

Hold on now... I meant legit streaming - Which will dwarf any theater setting in profits. I will pay to see it, right from their own site, if that's where it is.

I don't pay for much online, and generally know where to find anything for free. But if it is worthy, I DO pay.

Offline Ghost Bear

Hold on now... I meant legit streaming - Which will dwarf any theater setting in profits. I will pay to see it, right from their own site, if that's where it is.

I don't pay for much online, and generally know where to find anything for free. But if it is worthy, I DO pay.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you would be pirating it. What I meant was that once a film goes to streaming, high quality copies are almost immediately available from pirate sites. Also, a film doesn't make as much money from streaming, even if it's available for rent or purchase; lots of people wait until it's available for free from some service. The majority of most films' money is made from the theater box office, so the longer a film can stay there and draw crowds the better it is for the bottom line.
Let it burn.

Online roamer_1

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you would be pirating it.

Oh, no need! One could always assume I would be pirating it... It nearly goes without saying. I am so dead set against the profiteers in Media that I will always go out of my way to figure out how to deny them my money - Be it music or film. Given the opportunity to deny a perpetual copyright, I will quite normally choose that path. With gusto!

What I meant was that once a film goes to streaming, high quality copies are almost immediately available from pirate sites. Also, a film doesn't make as much money from streaming, even if it's available for rent or purchase; lots of people wait until it's available for free from some service. The majority of most films' money is made from the theater box office, so the longer a film can stay there and draw crowds the better it is for the bottom line.

Actually, the digital copy (which already exists) will sometimes be available before the thing is even in the theaters... Often available while the thing is still playing in the theaters. I didn't go look for this one in particular, but I will bet you that even this (a rather small offering, with a small footprint) will be available before it leaves the theater.

But I will part with you on the idea that it won't make more money online - Especially Christian offerings, considering the honesty of the audience (me included in this particular Big Media subset)...

If I were a betting man, I would bet you that streaming will dwarf theater sales. Almost immediately. The only thing the box office can do is elevate awareness.

That being said, it is pretty awesome that this show took the box office on 4th of July weekend. That has raised such a stink in news and media that being a blockbuster is nearly guaranteed - That is why I was made aware, and my money will certainly be paid to see it... quite likely in the comfort of my own home.

Stephen Miller
@StephenM

In 2020, President Trump used Title 42 to bring child trafficking to its lowest levels ever recorded at our border—promptly reuniting minors with their families in their home countries. It was an unprecedented (and often unheralded) success.

Upon taking office, Biden exempted minors from Title 42—despite dire warnings—unleashing the largest wave of child trafficking in human history.

He placed these minors with unvetted adult “sponsors” (often other illegals) instead of returning them home, gutting law enforcement.

A tidal wave of continuing human misery ensued.

Biden is responsible for more children being smuggled, labor trafficked and sex trafficked thank any man in the world.

3:12 PM · Jul 10, 2023

The media claims that child sex trafficking is a “conspiracy theory” and doesn’t want videos like this getting around pic.twitter.com/JkkpBYM6oT— DC_Draino (@DC_Draino) July 10, 2023

Offline Ghost Bear

Actually, the digital copy (which already exists) will sometimes be available before the thing is even in the theaters... Often available while the thing is still playing in the theaters. I didn't go look for this one in particular, but I will bet you that even this (a rather small offering, with a small footprint) will be available before it leaves the theater.

True, it tends to depend on the popularity/demand for the movie, and how widely it is released. The bigger the demand and the more theaters/countries (especially China and some European countries) a movie is released in, the quicker it gets pirated.
Let it burn.

Offline Idiot

True, it tends to depend on the popularity/demand for the movie, and how widely it is released. The bigger the demand and the more theaters/countries (especially China and some European countries) a movie is released in, the quicker it gets pirated.
I won't go to the theater to watch it, but I'll definitely watch it on video.  We'll start building a "safe house" for women being trafficked in a few weeks here in West Texas.  Thank you Joe Biden for bringing these problems to our country.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 11:14:55 pm by Jack Russell »

Online mountaineer

I've read that AMC theaters - where the movie is playing - is making the experience unpleasant for moviegoers, e.g., no air conditioning, leaving the lights on, etc.  Of course, this doesn't make sense, as a packed theater means more money for AMC, but that's what some moviegoers are reporting.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

I've read that AMC theaters - where the movie is playing - is making the experience unpleasant for moviegoers, e.g., no air conditioning, leaving the lights on, etc.  Of course, this doesn't make sense, as a packed theater means more money for AMC, but that's what some moviegoers are reporting.  :shrug:

I've seen similar reports.

Offline LMAO

I have talked to some people who went to see it and they didn’t mention any issues
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

I have talked to some people who went to see it and they didn’t mention any issues

In AMC theaters, or another chain?

Online mountaineer

Anecdotal, but ...
FREE MAN
@Chaz_FCF
That was happening at a local movie theater and one of the guys walked up to the people showing the movie and told them if they didn't turn The AC on and the lights out he was going to let them leave on a stretcher. Then the guy called the news studio and while he was calling the news studio and filming it live suddenly the AC came on and the lights went out.
1:56 AM · Jul 12, 2023

Dylan Rheault
@DylanRheault
Just watched it and they kept the lights on the whole time at ours too…
10:46 PM · Jul 11, 2023

Brian Perez
@NotbapPerez
I’ve read a few posts claiming this.  Seemed a bit far fetched that this was happening frequently. However, the same issue happened to my friends showing last night. We’re going Friday; guess we’ll see if it happenes again.
10:25 AM · Jul 12, 2023

Jimmy Dodd
@JimmyDoddKC
That’s a little bizarre. Same thing happened at B&B Theatre in Overland Park. Somebody finally had to go speak with personnel to tell them to turn off the lights!

Eddie greer
@Eddiegr54380913
same here in wv ac was off theater was hot 🔥 🥵 people were complaining I stepped into another one down the hall it was cool as can be
:shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Jim Caviezel: I Lost Two Agents Over ‘Sound of Freedom’

https://www.hollywoodintoto.com/jim-caviezel-lost-agents-sound-of-freedom/

Jim Caviezel agreed to star in a fact-based story about child sex trafficking, exposing an ongoing crime many people don’t know about.
The star of the summer’s indie smash “Sound of Freedom” is no stranger to bucking Hollywood wisdom. He’s an openly Christian actor in an industry that gets “freaked out” by people of faith. He starred in one of the most successful, and controversial films of the modern era with 2004’s “The Passion of the Christ.”

And he suspected that starring in a movie about child sex trafficking might come at a professional cost in Hollywood.

And, by his account, he was right.

“I want this to be so huge that they’re forced to look at this. I lost my agents over this. Yep, 17 years, 15 years. I lost my lawyer over this, and now I understand why all these actors didn’t want to do the movie because of this. Listen, you do ‘Schindler’s List’ 50 years later, you’re a hero. Try doing ‘Schindler’s List’ when the real Nazis are right there. Understand how that becomes more dangerous? I don’t understand why people are willing to let children be hurt, but in this time, Hollywood says, ‘No, no, let’s kick that down fifty years from now and then [see where we’re at]. That’s crap.”

Hollyweird is learning the old proverb about how people escape between the fingers of those squeezing them. There are enough content producers outside of Hollyweird - geographically and business-wise - that Caviezel and others bucking Hollyweird will get revenge by simply doing well.

Offline berdie

I read an article trying to find out why this movie is so offensive. It was gobble-de-gook.

Offline Kamaji

I read an article trying to find out why this movie is so offensive. It was gobble-de-gook.

The article or the movie?