Author Topic: Elton John delivers final performance on his farewell tour: 'It's been my lifeblood'  (Read 524 times)

Offline libertybele

It's hard to believe that Elton John is retiring.  What a remarkable musical artist. I had the privilege of seeing him three times.  IMHO I think he is one of the most talented pianist alive.

Elton John delivers final performance on his farewell tour: 'It's been my lifeblood'

After five years and 330 shows, Elton John is bidding farewell to touring.

The singer wrapped his "Farewell Yellow Brick Road" tour in Stockholm, Sweden on Saturday night.

According to the BBC, during the show, the Grammy award-winning music icon told the audience, "It's been my lifeblood to play for you guys, and you've been absolutely magnificent."

The tour kicked off in 2018 and was delayed for nearly two years after the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, and finally resumed in 2022.

In the video, it was noted that over 6,250,000 people attended the shows, and the clip shared photos of people in costume, including one of the two marriage proposals that took place.

In a statement to Fox News Digital, representatives for John confirmed the final concert began with "Benny and the Jets," and included many of his other hits, such as "Tiny Dancer," "Rocket Man," and "Candle in the Wind."............

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/elton-john-delivers-final-performance-farewell-tour-been-my-lifeblood
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

As a pianist of very modest capabilities, I envy his ability to sit at the keyboard and compose an entire tune on the spot.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org