Author Topic: Megan Rapinoe Announces Retirement—Good, and Good Riddance  (Read 1256 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Megan Rapinoe Announces Retirement—Good, and Good Riddance
By Jim Thompson | 9:15 PM on July 08, 2023

No one loves Megan Rapinoe like Megan Rapinoe loves Megan Rapinoe.

She’s been in the spotlight for years now – with ESPN’s social justice warriors clambering over themselves to pat her on the back and forward her agenda. She was given the Presidential Medal of Freedom by Joe Biden, because why not? That award has no meaning any longer. Barack Obama gave one to Joe Biden at the end of his presidency. It was supposed to be his “go-away” gold watch. Like Obama’s Nobel and Biden Medal, Rapinoe was given one of the nation’s highest citizen awards because of her big mouth. And because of what side she is on: the obnoxious left.

Because the US Women’s National Team won a couple of World Cups, the spotlight every four years was on them. They were lots of women on those teams far more talented and gifted than Rapinoe, but she got the spotlight. Four years ago, during the last World Cup, with her skills clearly in decline, she nonetheless held the spotlight again – taking penalty kicks and “winning” the Golden Boot for scoring the most. She got “free” goals because the coach of the team put her in that position. Was she the best player on the field to take the penalty shots? Not by a long shot, but she took them.

In June of 2019, the US team played Thailand. Thailand was a little bit worse than awful. The US team scored goal after goal after goal—13 in total—with four forwards. Meaning the team intended to pile on against a garage team. Who led the way in bad sportsmanship? Rapinoe, of course. She celebrated as if they had just won the World Cup in the final 30 seconds of the final. Every. Damn. Goal. And there was Rapinoe posing for the camera. It was shameful but expected from her.

more
https://redstate.com/jimthompson/2023/07/08/megan-rapinoe-announces-retirement-good-and-good-riddance-n773247
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Megan Rapinoe Announces Retirement—Good, and Good Riddance
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 02:20:15 pm »
Who?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 06:35:36 pm »
Is she retiring to the same place as the Ditzy Chicks? :silly:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2023, 07:47:51 pm »
Her tens of fans must be devastated.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2023, 11:07:12 pm »
Rapinoe thrives in women's soccer the same reason Brittney Griner thrives in women's basketball and Johnny Weir thrives in men's figure skating.

Those sports are havens for their kind.

There was a point where the U.S. women's soccer team had no fewer than seven active lesbians on the 23-woman roster. 30% of the USWNT roster, lesbians. What are the odds of that if it were random chance alone?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2023, 02:20:29 am »
Rapinoe thrives in women's soccer the same reason Brittney Griner thrives in women's basketball and Johnny Weir thrives in men's figure skating.

Those sports are havens for their kind.

There was a point where the U.S. women's soccer team had no fewer than seven active lesbians on the 23-woman roster. 30% of the USWNT roster, lesbians. What are the odds of that if it were random chance alone?
Only seven? I was under the impression the entire team were lesbians.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2023, 11:49:50 am »
Only seven? I was under the impression the entire team were lesbians.

Women who wear comfortable soccer shoes are a kick in the grass.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2023, 11:52:47 am »
The % in the WNBA is higher. I understand the heterosexual women in that league feel very much in the minority. People used to make cracks about the LPGA being lesbian, but nowadays there probably aren't that many, relatively speaking.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2023, 01:57:08 am »
The % in the WNBA is higher. I understand the heterosexual women in that league feel very much in the minority. People used to make cracks about the LPGA being lesbian, but nowadays there probably aren't that many, relatively speaking.
I think the same thing happened in golf that happened in tennis: once the really attractive women started playing, the lesbians got pushed aside.

King and Navraitalova, as good as they were, couldn't ever draw the attention of an Anna Kournikova (as bad as she was) or Maria Sharapova.

Likewise... women's golf... pardon my masculinity here, but it's full of HOTTIES. :thud: I remember stumbling upon a golf tournament and discovering the ever-crushworthy Paula Creamer (who, sadly, is taken now).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2023, 02:04:29 am »
Mr. M and I are big LPGA fans, and you're right @jmyrlefuller - some of the girls are quite attractive,  and some great personalities,  too. We plan to attend the Kroger tournament in Cincinnati in Sept.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2023, 05:48:58 pm »
I think the same thing happened in golf that happened in tennis: once the really attractive women started playing, the lesbians got pushed aside.

King and Navraitalova, as good as they were, couldn't ever draw the attention of an Anna Kournikova (as bad as she was) or Maria Sharapova.

Likewise... women's golf... pardon my masculinity here, but it's full of HOTTIES. :thud: I remember stumbling upon a golf tournament and discovering the ever-crushworthy Paula Creamer (who, sadly, is taken now).
Anna Kournikova was ranked eighth in the world at one point. She never won a singles title but she did win several majors in doubles with Martina Hingis. That's a pretty good tennis player.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2023, 12:52:22 pm »
Fox News
@FoxNews
US soccer star Megan Rapinoe promoting fundraiser supporting relief for children in Gaza
12:36 AM · Oct 25, 2023

Tim Pool
@Timcast
Can someone start a GoFundMe for a pride parade in Gaza?
I will contribute $100k to help Megan and any of the Queers for Palestine get there
8:44 AM · Oct 25, 2023