Author Topic: Study: Cosmic Ray-Cloud Connection Explains Million-Year Climate Changes Far Better Than CO2  (Read 231 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY KENNETH RICHARD ON JUL 6, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Study: Cosmic Ray-Cloud Connection Explains Million-Year Climate Changes Far Better Than CO2

Per a new study, million-year variations in cosmic rays (CR) modulating cloud cover, which, in turn, drives variations in incident solar radiation on short- and long-term timescales, are the dominant cause of million-year climate variations, explaining all seven Ice Age epochs over the Phanerozoic. [emphasis, links added]

In contrast, declining CO2 and rising solar luminosity over the last billion years cannot explain past climate variations, as they “cancel each other out.”

CO2’s effects on climate, using paleoclimate estimations of solar luminosity, are assessed to be nearly just half of what the climate models say they are (2.1 W/m² for CO2 doubling [~0.7°C] rather than 3.7 W/m² [1.2°C] per doubling).

Assessing only millions-of-years timescales, the authors (Shaviv et al., 2023) suggest:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/study-cosmic-ray-cloud-connection-explains-million-year-climate-changes-far-better-than-co2/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline The_Reader_David

Although long-term prediction of chaotic dynamical systems is a fool's errand, I'd be interested to see what running an AI designed to optimally fit a model to historic climate data and including all of the following as inputs:  CO2 and CH4 levels, solar modulation of cosmic-ray influenced cloud formation, known oceanic climate cycles, deforestation, soot output from human activities, and aggregate urban heat island effects from human development, would come up with in terms of relative importance, and what it would give in terms of short term predictions.

The last three are interesting because they are anthropogenic, but except for the first (and that only via it's effect on CO2 levels) completely ignored in the alarmist climate models which assume greenhouse gasses uber alles as a starting point. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.