Author Topic: 'Threads' Is Already Turning Into a Flaming Dumpster Fire You Should Avoid  (Read 244 times)

Offline Kamaji

'Threads' Is Already Turning Into a Flaming Dumpster Fire You Should Avoid

By Bonchie
July 08, 2023

If you haven’t heard, Facebook has released a new competitor to Twitter. Mark Zuckerberg and his marketing team have named “Threads,” and if you were wondering whether you should hit the download button in the app store, I’ve got some advice for you: Don’t bother.

If I wanted to get trolled by deranged men who say they are women, I can just do that on Twitter. At least over on that platform, I won’t risk getting banned for responding with biological reality. Why would I want to give Facebook even more of my information to receive a much worse experience?

It’s clear what Threads is going to be. It’s going to be a left-wing echo chamber protected by Zuckerberg’s idea of what constitutes “nice,” which is censoring the truth about things like gender ideology while propping up mentally-ill activists. Yeah, I’m gonna pass on that offer.

Then there’s the fact that Facebook deserves absolutely none of your business given the company’s past behavior. Some years back, Facebook nuked its news algorithms without warning, with the result being that it became essentially impossible for right-leaning sites to generate traffic organically. Further, the social media giant put in place a system of “fact-checkers” made up of heavily partisan outlets like Politifact to run around and censor information, some of which ended up being true (specifically regarding COVID-19 and climate change).

Source:  https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/07/08/threads-is-already-turning-into-a-flaming-dumpster-fire-you-should-avoid-n773095