Author Topic: Biden’s Billion Dollar Hydrogen Program Makes No ‘Economic Or Common Sense,’ Industry Experts Say  (Read 436 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Caller by John Hugh DeMastri 7/6/2023

Biden’s Billion Dollar Hydrogen Program Makes No ‘Economic Or Common Sense,’ Industry Experts Say

The Biden administration announced plans Wednesday to invest up to $1 billion in “clean hydrogen,” an expensive fuel source that requires significant infrastructure to support it that would be unlikely to get significant private investment if not for government intervention in the energy sector, industry experts told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

The Department of Energy (DOE) announcement stated the administration’s intent to invest the funds into Regional Clean Hydrogen Hubs for the widespread deployment of the technology, with a particular focus on providing “demand-side support” to encourage buyers to come forward and support hydrogen projects, according to the agency’s press release. These demand-side incentives are necessary in part because “clean” or “green” hydrogen must be manufactured using renewable energy sources, a much more expensive process than using fossil fuels, Dan Kish, a senior research fellow at the Institute for Energy Research told the DCNF. (RELATED: ‘Deeply Unserious’: California Could Start Importing ‘Green’ Fuel From Saudi Arabia)

“If these things made economic or common sense, people would be doing them,” Kish told the DCNF. “They don’t, so the government is mandating and subsidizing them while knee-capping energy sources they can afford.”

More: https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/06/biden-billion-dollar-hydrogen-program-makes-no-sense-experts/

Offline Kamaji

Nothing Bidet does makes any economic or common sense.

Offline LMAO

Nothing Bidet does makes any economic or common sense.

And it’s not just Biden

It’s the whole progressive left
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy