Author Topic: Trump campaign bashes poll showing majority want him to stand trial before election  (Read 202 times)

Online Kamaji

Trump campaign bashes poll showing majority want him to stand trial before election

By Josh Christenson
July 7, 2023

Donald Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign shot back Friday at a national poll that it said showed “not-so-surprising bias” about Americans’ support for trying the former president before the election on charges he mishandled national security documents.

The Politico Magazine/Ipsos poll found more than half of US adults (57%) want the 77-year-old to go before a court prior to the Republican primaries — and an even larger share (62%) said the case should move forward before the general election.

In an unusual move, the Trump campaign released an internal memo from pollster John McLaughlin saying the survey was affected by “bias and spin.”

The Politico/Ipsos survey weighted Democratic responses more heavily than Republicans when compared with the 2020 electorate, causing a “6-to-7-point bias” against the 45th president, the veteran pollster’s memo states.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/07/trump-campaign-bashes-poll-on-trial-before-election-not-so-surprising-bias/

Online LMAO

Whether someone should  stand trial or not isn’t decide by opinion polls

But, Trump is quick to tout polls favorable to him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online corbe

The NBC producers of his hit show 'The Apprentice' have all blocked his calls.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.