Author Topic: Exclusive: Special counsel prosecutors question witnesses about chaotic Oval Office meeting after Tr  (Read 355 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Exclusive: Special counsel prosecutors question witnesses about chaotic Oval Office meeting after Trump lost the 2020 election

By Kaitlan Collins, Zachary Cohen, Paula Reid, Sara Murray and Katelyn Polantz, CNN
Updated 10:42 AM EDT, Fri July 7, 2023

CNN  —

Special counsel Jack Smith’s team has signaled a continued interest in a chaotic Oval Office meeting that took place in the final days of the Trump administration, during which the former president considered some of the most desperate proposals to keep him in power over objections from his White House counsel.

Multiple sources told CNN that investigators have asked several witnesses before the grand jury and during interviews about the meeting, which happened about six weeks after Donald Trump lost the 2020 election. Some witnesses were asked about the meeting months ago, while several others have faced questions about it more recently, including Rudy Giuliani.

Last month, for two consecutive days, Giuliani sat down with investigators for a voluntary interview about a range of topics, including the tumultuous December 2020 meeting that he attended, sources said.

Prosecutors have specifically inquired about three outside Trump advisers who participated in the meeting: former Trump lawyer Sidney Powell, one-time national security adviser Michael Flynn and former Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne, sources said.

Byrne responded to CNN’s reporting on Twitter early Friday morning, tweeting, “Hi Jack Smith, I take all responsibility. Best of all, with my eidetic memory I can tell you amazing detail about it. ‘Parrot-like,’ say some. Call collect. I’m here to help.”

more
https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/06/politics/oval-office-meeting-trump-special-counsel-probe/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

For those who may have forgotten, below is a link to a PDF version of a draft version of Spray Tan Putsch powerpoint presentation ... release the Kraken!

https://www.arkansasonline.com/1212powerpoint/
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
But...it didn't happen, did it?

So are we now going to criminalize discussions in the White House that never actually became policy??

Offline Right_in_Virginia

But...it didn't happen, did it?

So are we now going to criminalize discussions in the White House that never actually became policy??

Why do you think Biden waived Trump's executive privilege on all Jan 6th document requests from Congress?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Why do you think Biden waived Trump's executive privilege on all Jan 6th document requests from Congress?

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here.