Author Topic: Meet the go-to lawyers for cancel culture victims: ‘Standing up for free speech’  (Read 394 times)

Offline Kamaji

Meet the go-to lawyers for cancel culture victims: ‘Standing up for free speech’

By Rikki Schlott
July 6, 2023

Kate Rohde was a trailblazer as a female Unitarian minister. But, she says, a cancel culture takedown left her scraping by at age 74, stripped of her ministership and her pension.

In 1980, Rohde was among the first female ministers in her denomination and used her position to fight for progressive values. She even officiated a lesbian wedding back in 1982.

“I’ve given my whole life to upholding enlightenment liberal values that are the cornerstone of Unitarian universalism,” the Glen Mills, Pennsylvania resident told The Post. “And I gave up a heck of a lot in order to do this. It wasn’t easy as a woman back in the day.”

But, after retiring in 2014, Rohde found herself under attack, she says, for speaking out against what she considers a “woke takeover” of her church.

And she has turned to Samantha Harris and Michael Thad Allen, the lawyers who represent America’s most cancelled.

The duo defend anyone who feels they’ve been targeted by the mob —whether they’re a student accused of sexual assault, a professor attacked on Twitter, or an everyday citizen who finds themself out of a job for saying the wrong thing.

The pair have been dubbed the “lawyers to the cancelled.” Harris says the title is “sort of a joke” but that “the reality is that a significant part of our practice does deal with cancellations.”

“Before you decide that cancel culture is not real, you need to talk to the people I deal with on a daily basis,” Harris told the Post. “They’re crying because they just lost their job and they have two little kids and they’re being forced to sell their house.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/06/meet-the-go-to-lawyers-for-cancel-culture-victims-standing-up-for-free-speech/

Offline Kamaji

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Meet the go-to lawyers for cancel culture victims: ‘Standing up for free speech’

By Rikki Schlott
July 6, 2023

Kate Rohde was a trailblazer as a female Unitarian minister. But, she says, a cancel culture takedown left her scraping by at age 74, stripped of her ministership and her pension.

In 1980, Rohde was among the first female ministers in her denomination and used her position to fight for progressive values. She even officiated a lesbian wedding back in 1982.

“I’ve given my whole life to upholding enlightenment liberal values that are the cornerstone of Unitarian universalism,” the Glen Mills, Pennsylvania resident told The Post. “And I gave up a heck of a lot in order to do this. It wasn’t easy as a woman back in the day.”

But, after retiring in 2014, Rohde found herself under attack, she says, for speaking out against what she considers a “woke takeover” of her church.

And she has turned to Samantha Harris and Michael Thad Allen, the lawyers who represent America’s most cancelled.

The duo defend anyone who feels they’ve been targeted by the mob —whether they’re a student accused of sexual assault, a professor attacked on Twitter, or an everyday citizen who finds themself out of a job for saying the wrong thing.

The pair have been dubbed the “lawyers to the cancelled.” Harris says the title is “sort of a joke” but that “the reality is that a significant part of our practice does deal with cancellations.”

“Before you decide that cancel culture is not real, you need to talk to the people I deal with on a daily basis,” Harris told the Post. “They’re crying because they just lost their job and they have two little kids and they’re being forced to sell their house.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/06/meet-the-go-to-lawyers-for-cancel-culture-victims-standing-up-for-free-speech/
So who stopped Rhode from finding a like minded congregation and opening he own church? Oh wait maybe the problem isn't cancel culture canceling her, it's he trying to cancel the existing culture of a church.

Offline Kamaji

So who stopped Rhode from finding a like minded congregation and opening he own church? Oh wait maybe the problem isn't cancel culture canceling her, it's he trying to cancel the existing culture of a church.

Nonsense.

Offline PeteS in CA

Does she realize she reaped the Prog-Fruit she sowed?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.