Author Topic: Attorney who challenged Trump 2020 election results relinquishes law license  (Read 1220 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Attorney who challenged Trump 2020 election results relinquishes law license
by Rachel Schilke, Breaking News Reporter |
July 05, 2023 08:00 PM

Attorney Lin Wood, known for filing challenges seeking to overturn former President Donald Trump's 2020 election loss, is giving up his law license instead of facing possible disbarment.

On Tuesday, Wood asked officials in Georgia, his home state, to "retire" his law license in light of “disciplinary proceedings pending against me." In the request, Wood acknowledged that after relinquishing his license, he is “prohibited from practicing law in this State and in any other state or jurisdiction and that I may not reapply for admission."

Several states have considered disciplining Wood for pushing the former president's debunked claims that widespread election fraud led to President Joe Biden's victory.

Wood became a licensed attorney in the Peach State in 1977. He is now retired and has no disciplinary infractions on his record, according to the State Bar of Georgia's website.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/attorney-challenged-2020-election-relinquishes-law-license
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Drummed out of the corps.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Don't waste the court's time or insult the court's intelligence by filing nothing burger lawsuits without real, credible, and admissible evidence of wrong doing.

Being a sore loser is not a crime; but it should be.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"Debunked claims" my @$$!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien