Author Topic: The Eagles announce ‘The Long Goodbye’ final tour  (Read 879 times)

Offline Kamaji

The Eagles announce ‘The Long Goodbye’ final tour
« on: July 06, 2023, 02:32:17 pm »
The Eagles announce ‘The Long Goodbye’ final tour: ‘The time has come to close the circle’

By Jack Hobbs
July 6, 2023

They are taking flight one last time.

Popular rock ‘n’ roll band The Eagles announced Thursday that they plan on embarking on a final cross-country tour beginning in September through 2025.

“Our long-run has lasted far longer than any of us ever dreamed,” the band said in an emotional statement. “But, everything has its time, and the time has come for us to close the circle.”

“The official farewell tour is currently in the planning stages,” continued the statement, which then goes on to give a bit of the band’s history.

“The Eagles have had a miraculous 52-year odyssey, performing for people all over the globe; keeping the music alive in the face of tragic losses, upheavals and setbacks of many kinds,” said the band, which formed in 1972.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/06/the-eagles-announce-the-long-goodbye-final-tour/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The Eagles announce ‘The Long Goodbye’ final tour
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 02:36:40 pm »
Glen Frey is already dead.

Joe Walsh has been brain dead since the 1970s.

Don Henley is a notorious @$$hole.

They are soaking the Boomers for a few hundred dollars a ticket before they head off to take their eternal dirt naps.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 05:38:42 pm »
Joe Walsh may be brain dead but boy can he play the guitar.

Joe Walsh himself agrees.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmk8QP45HM4
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 05:47:51 pm »
I was never a fan. :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 06:02:24 pm »
I saw them 20 years ago ... Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh were the show.  Don Henly stood and sang with a scowl on his face.

I haven't seen Don Henley around Walden Pond in Concord, MA, lately.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 06:04:05 pm »
The Eagles in their day, were the ultimate example of their genre.  In fact C&W and country rock in general would sound much different today without their influence.

But......

Maybe the best analogy of their silly incessant farewell tours are coming across like a Tropic Thunder Scorchers Trailer.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIeTw7dX8bE
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2023, 06:06:40 pm »
I saw them 20 years ago ... Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh were the show.  Don Henly stood and sang with a scowl on his face.

I haven't seen Don Henley around Walden Pond in Concord, MA, lately.

Henley's brain has suffered decades from Green Brain Rot. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2023, 07:06:52 pm »
Initially, I was skeptical. Sure, sure guys, this is your final farewell tour until your next reunion tour, lol. But looking at their ages, and the loss of Glenn...could be. I don't care how much Glenn's son sounds like him (or Vince Gill) for that matter....it ain't the same.

I paid over $200 for a ticket to the Hell Freezes Over Tour. Even if I did concerts these days....no way.

I could see them doing an extended gig at a stationary location (Vegas) at some point. :shrug:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2023, 11:36:20 pm »
Initially, I was skeptical. Sure, sure guys, this is your final farewell tour until your next reunion tour, lol. But looking at their ages, and the loss of Glenn...could be. I don't care how much Glenn's son sounds like him (or Vince Gill) for that matter....it ain't the same.

I paid over $200 for a ticket to the Hell Freezes Over Tour. Even if I did concerts these days....no way.

I could see them doing an extended gig at a stationary location (Vegas) at some point. :shrug:
Vince has too much going on in Nashville to commit to a Vegas gig like that. (Not that Henley Walsh et al. wouldn't try to replace him... but still...)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2023, 03:30:05 am »
My opinion of The Beagles....er sorry...The Eagles is similar to the Dude's feelings about the band in "The Big Lebowski."
Jeff Bridges got into trouble with some members of the band who didn't understand that it was his character who hated The Eagles and not him. Bridges has stated that he likes The Eagles.
My attitude is closer to the Dude's attitude towards the band.  While I didn't hate them, I never thought they were anything exceptional. The only song of theirs I halfway like is "Take It Easy."

Online Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2023, 03:37:16 am »
I already said "good-bye" to the Eagles back in 1974.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-