Author Topic: Bud Light slammed for attempt at levity in Fourth of July post  (Read 623 times)

Offline Kamaji

Bud Light slammed for attempt at levity in Fourth of July post

By Ariel Zilber
July 5, 2023

Bud Light’s attempt to lure back beer drinkers with a pair of seemingly innocuous tweets over the holiday weekend was met with backlash stemming from the disastrous Dylan Mulvaney campaign.

The brand, which has suffered a staggering drop in sales since the April 1 tie-up with the trans influencer, tweeted an image of ice-cold Bud Lights with the caption: “It’s 4th of July weekend, enjoy some beer.”

Then Tuesday, its official Twitter account followed that up with an image of a Bud Light drinker having a frosty one on a steamy day sitting next to a fan.

“Never underestimate the power of a makeshift mister. Happy 4th everyone,” the tweet read.

However, the attempt at levity was met with a deluge of negative responses.

“My family always called it Independence Day…This year I guess it’s independence from politically active beer too,” one user commented.

Another Twitter user wrote: “Enjoy some brands that DON’T belong to Anheuser-Busch. Make sure the beer you drink from now on does NOT fall under their market share.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/05/bud-light-slammed-for-attempt-at-levity-in-fourth-of-july-post/

Online Hoodat

Re: Bud Light slammed for attempt at levity in Fourth of July post
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 05:48:42 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 05:50:49 pm »
What the hell is a "makeshift mister"?  Is that when beer goggles start making dudes look like chicks?

July 4th is not a holiday.  July 4th is the day on which we observe and celebrate the American Independence Day Holiday.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 02:57:26 am »
They ought to bring back the "Real Men of Genius" campaign, and make their own CEO the target.  I'd sure watch it.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 03:06:07 am »
I'm amazed that supposedly with all the research major corporations do before they unleash a product they didn't think that creating a special beer for some drama queer wouldn't upset the people who actually drink their suds.
I know the story of the woman in charge and all that, but how did it get past the big shots who have the final say?