Author Topic: Democrats Pushing For SCOTUS Term Limits After They Don’t Get Their Way  (Read 941 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Mary Chastain July 4, 2023

They are the biggest babies.

Lather, rinse, and repeat.

The Supreme Court once again went against the Democrats by striking down Biden’s student loan forgiveness plan.

Enter The Supreme Court Term Limits and Regular Appointments Act, first formulated in 2021.

Yes, Democrats are throwing a hissy fit because SCOTUS struck down the student loan forgiveness plan.

Reps. Ro Khanna (D-CA) and Don Beyer (D-VA) brought forth the bill on Monday. The bill would implement an 18-year term limit instead of a lifetime appointment:

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/07/democrats-pushing-for-scotus-term-limits-after-they-dont-get-their-way/

Offline Kamaji

Any such bill is unconstitutional.  It would require a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on Supreme Court justices.

Offline mountaineer

No SCOTUS term limits until there are term limits for Congress.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The laughable irony is the SCOTUS will strike it down.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This is a perfect example of what the Democrats truly are about.

The people who introduced this bill, those who vote for it, and the politicians who will advocate for it all know it is unconstitutional.  They know that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

But they'll push it anyway, and will claim that a rejection of that on the grounds of constitutionality is more evidence that the Supreme Court is out of control.

In other words, they'll lie to people just to get them to support the Democrat agenda.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 01:38:12 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

This is a perfect example of what the Democrats truly are about.

The people who introduced this bill, those who vote for it, and the politicians who will advocate for it all know it is unconstitutional.  They know that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

But they'll push it anyway, and will claim that a rejection of that on the grounds of constitutionality is more evidence that the Supreme Court is out of control.

In other words, they'll lie to people just to get them to support the Democrat agenda.

:thumbsup:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I've heard a lot of conservatives suggest this same thing.

Offline Kamaji

I've heard a lot of conservatives suggest this same thing.

Whom?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Dems, be careful what you ask for ... for every action there is a re-action.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

• Technical
Whom?

In forums and such. USSC was not popular prior to Trump's nominees.

Offline Kamaji

In forums and such. USSC was not popular prior to Trump's nominees.

Sounds like that was quite a while ago, then.

• Technical
Sounds like that was quite a while ago, then.

Indeed it was. Like a lot of things in politics, conservatives are now opposed to something they were once vociferously in favor of and vice-versa.

Offline Kamaji

Indeed it was. Like a lot of things in politics, conservatives are now opposed to something they were once vociferously in favor of and vice-versa.

Well, whomever is pitching it is not going to get it without a constitutional amendment.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

They were adults (18+) when they chose to take on debt to attend college.

I chose to work full-time days, and pay-as-i-went attending night classes at a 2 year junior college.

I transferred into a 4 year school, and attended night classes.  The value of a 4 year degree felt like a negative value proposition.

I left 3/4 through by bachelor's to spend my money and time earning a professional certification in Novell Netware Local Area Networking (early 1990s) while working 3 part-time jobs.  I was spending over a 100 hours a week working and attending classes.

A Bachelor's Degree for Business Administration isn't worth much - you need to get a Masters, MBA, or a JDA to have real upward mobility.

My middle sister got a BA in Communications, and went back to attend nursing school.  She's now a surgical nurse.  That time and money spent on the Communications degree was wasted.

My youngest sister got a BA in psychology.  That's another professional that requires a Masters Degree for upward mobility.  She's now a supervisor with Social Security Admin.  That's all her bachelor's degree was good for.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

• Technical
Well, whomever is pitching it is not going to get it without a constitutional amendment.

Absolutely true.