Author Topic: Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes tells U.S. Supreme Court to shove it  (Read 1224 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Yahoo News  by EJ Montini  Arizona Republic 7/3/2023

Colorado has a law on the books that says, in simple terms, a business open to the public can’t discriminate against gay people.

The radical right-wing majority of the U.S. Supreme Court issued a ruling last week saying that, yes, it can.

The court took the side of a web designer in Colorado who said it was her First Amendment right to refuse to design wedding websites for same-sex couples.

Arizona has a law much like Colorado’s.

Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes announced in no uncertain terms that her office is determined to enforce it.

The Supreme Court be damned.

More: https://news.yahoo.com/arizona-attorney-general-kris-mayes-140030478.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
AZ already has a law, and it's been tested by tha AZ Supreme Court.   Good luck to her defying that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Can Y'all impeach the AG down there for non/mis/malfeasance?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Can Y'all impeach the AG down there for non/mis/malfeasance?

Her election is closely run and it is still in court, where I live.  250 votes separate her from the Republican, and we found more than enough uncounted votes in my rural county.  She may not be long in that AG office.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Her election is closely run and it is still in court, where I live.  250 votes separate her from the Republican, and we found more than enough uncounted votes in my rural county.  She may not be long in that AG office.
Well, good. Anyone who expresses such contempt for the Rule of Law needs to find a different line of work. Like cleaning dog kennels...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
This is a "huff your chest cause your pissed" move on her part.

She (and that idiot Sotomeyer) know full good and well that there is a very limited set of circumstances that would allow any kind of so-called "discrimination". 

We allow conciencious objectors (or used to).  This is much that same.

Nobody in AZ is going to discriminate and she knows it.  In a very small place (similar to the Colorado case) it would happen and if she moved to stop it, she'd be shot down.

The article is the bloviating piece.  She didn't say shove it, they did.  Part of the left wing hype.

She should be in front of a inquiry though for being critical of a SCOTUS decision.  In her job, she does not have the right to that kind of opinion and saying she might behave otherwise is impeachable in my estimation. 

She loses more than she wins here.