Author Topic: Americans least confident in their government of any G7 nation: poll  (Read 343 times)

Offline Kamaji

Americans least confident in their government of any G7 nation: poll

By Ryan King   
July 4, 2023

Americans’ faith in their leaders has plummeted over the last decade-and-a-half to the lowest levels among the major Western powers, a new survey has found.

According to the Gallup poll released Monday, just 31% of US respondents said they had confidence in their national government, while 69% said they did not.

Among the Group of Seven nationals, the poll found Germans (61%) had the most belief in their national government, followed by Canadians (51%), the French (46%), the Japanese (43%), the Italians (41%) and the British (33%).

Confidence in the American and British governments has declined steeply from 2006, when Gallup first measured the metric. Back then, the US led the G7 with 56% of Americans saying they had confidence in Washington. The UK (49%) had the second-highest confidence level, followed by Canada (44%), Japan (35%), Germany and France (32% each), and Italy (24%).

Both the US and UK have been rocked by political turmoil over recent years. Britain has faced economic strife over the 2016 referendum vote to leave the European Union, while the US has been ensnared by deep and bitter domestic divisions over a variety of social and cultural issues.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/04/us-confidence-hits-rock-bottom-of-g7-nations-poll/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Americans least confident in their government of any G7 nation: poll
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 08:29:59 pm »
I bet the French have a really low opinion about their government now.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 08:40:55 pm »
The least? That high? :smokin:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2023, 11:13:28 pm »
I bet the French have a really low opinion about their government now.

Well, they reelected Macron even though they gave him a thumbs down when it came to his job
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2023, 06:16:48 am »
I am very confident in our government.

They will lie to us.

They will screw us out of that which we have earned by the sweat of our brows and piss those spoils away.

They will serve themselves first, patrons next, and leave crumbs and scraps for the rest.

Whatever they do will end up being multiples more complicated and expensive than any private sector undertaking, and will have "unforeseen consequences".

Such is the nature of a command structure that has never had a real job and does not understand how anything outside their bubble works.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis