Author Topic: The American Dream is becoming increasingly out of reach  (Read 249 times)

Offline Kamaji

The American Dream is becoming increasingly out of reach
« on: July 04, 2023, 07:48:32 pm »
The American Dream is becoming increasingly out of reach: poll

By Carl Campanile   
July 4, 2023

The American Dream is alive and well for most, but the younger generation and less educated do not share such optimism, according to a new poll conducted by NORC – University of Chicago.

In a survey of 2,187 of U.S. residents – regardless of age, race, ethnicity, income, or education – a whopping 75% of respondents said they had achieved or are on their way to obtaining the American Dream, namely economic opportunity and freedom of choice.

On a bleaker note, the number of Americans who say success is out of their reach and no longer view the United States as the “land of opportunity” rose from 18% percent last year to 24% in 2023.

Amid technological advancements such as artificial intelligence and fears of a looming recession, nearly twice as many people with only a high school diploma — 31% — say the American Dream is out of reach compared to 16% of those with a college degree.

“While belief in the American Dream remains strong overall, it is troubling that doubt has begun to creep in, especially among younger and less educated people,” said Gonzalo Schwarz, president and CEO of the Archbridge Institute.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/04/the-american-dream-is-becoming-increasingly-out-of-reach-poll/

Offline Kamaji

Re: The American Dream is becoming increasingly out of reach
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 07:49:05 pm »
Liberal economic and social policies are pricing young Americans and the less well off out of the economy.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 07:55:20 pm »
I'm not saying that this isn't true, but I have been hearing this all my adult life too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2023, 07:58:14 pm »
I'm not saying that this isn't true, but I have been hearing this all my adult life too.

Most likely because the problem has slowly been growing, with the growth of the liberal regulatory state.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2023, 08:00:13 pm »
High school diploma... And I have been to six figures twice in my life.

The American dream must be sought. It is not guaranteed. But it certainly can be achieved.
What I CAN tell you is the the broad path supposedly has no risk, and that's a damn lie.

Take the road less traveled. And kick in the 4WD... you're gonna need it.

As I heard from an immigrant lately - A legal guy from Chile: The American dream is not guaranteed, but it is the only place on earth where it may be achieved by any man. He loves this country, and knows the difference.