Author Topic: 2024 Elections: Changing up the Dance Card  (Read 180 times)

Offline corbe

2024 Elections: Changing up the Dance Card
« on: July 04, 2023, 02:38:18 pm »
2024 Elections: Changing up the Dance Card

By Ward Clark | 5:15 PM on July 03, 2023

The opinions expressed by contributors are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of RedState.com.

AP Photo/Alex Brandon

The 2024 elections are much in the news, and as always, people are making predictions and offering advice. Larry Elder is one such, and while words cannot adequately express my admiration for Larry Elder, this time, I think he’s missing the mark.

“If Joe Biden can’t fog up a mirror, the nominee is going to be Kamala Harris,” Elder said Sunday. After alleging Harris was chosen as a consequence of the Democratic Party’s “obsession” with identity politics, he honed in on her overwhelming support from Blacks.

“The Black media loves Kamala Harris,” he told “Sunday Morning Futures” fill-in host Jason Chaffetz.

“Her polls are at least 70% among Blacks and I suspect even higher among Black females. And don’t forget, the first primary for the Democrats is South Carolina, where 60% of the voters are Black and most of those are Black females, and they love Kamala Harris and will very much resent it if she is perceived as having been kicked to the curb for a White person like Mayor Pete or Gavin Newsom…”

“So they are stuck with Kamala Harris,” he continued.

<..snip..>

https://redstate.com/wardclark/2023/07/03/2024-elections-changing-up-the-dance-card-n770772
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

Re: 2024 Elections: Changing up the Dance Card
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 02:44:11 pm »
From the article…

“Her polls are at least 70% among Blacks and I suspect even higher among Black females. And don’t forget, the first primary for the Democrats is South Carolina, where 60% of the voters are Black and most of those are Black females, and they love Kamala Harris and will very much resent it if she is perceived as having been kicked to the curb for a White person like Mayor Pete or Gavin Newsom…”

Agree

The Democrats can dump white male Joe but they’re stuck with Harris. This is the trap of identity politics that the Democrat Party finds itself in
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: 2024 Elections: Changing up the Dance Card
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 03:08:22 pm »
It's a good point.  Harris isn't going to bow out on her own, and forcing her out would alienate a core constituency that the Dems simply cannot afford to have sit out an election.