Author Topic: NRA slaps Biden admin with lawsuit over 'unlawful' pistol brace rule  (Read 839 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Fox News By Brianna Herlihy 7/3/2023

ATF's pistol brace rule has been in the crosshairs of Republicans, gun-rights groups since January

The National Rifle Association of America slapped the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives with a lawsuit over a rule that regulates stabilizing braces for pistols.

In a lawsuit filed Monday, the NRA aims to expose "the failings of the new rule – which subjects law-abiding gun owners to penalties, fines, and potential prison sentences for the use of an otherwise legal plastic apparatus on some firearms."

"The NRA has ramped up its offense on this arbitrary and unconstitutional rule," NRA Executive Vice President & CEO Wayne LaPierre said. "We are confident in our ability to confront the ATF and [the Department of Justice] – and preserve freedom for NRA members."

The NRA previously submitted comments in opposition to the rule, filed a motion to intervene in another legal action and supported a lawsuit by several state attorneys general filed in North Dakota.

HOUSE REPUBLICANS NOTCH WIN IN EFFORT TO OVERTURN BIDEN ADMIN'S 'UNCONSTITUTIONAL' PISTOL BRACE RULE

More: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nra-slaps-biden-admin-lawsuit-unlawful-pistol-brace-rule

Offline libertybele

Re: NRA slaps Biden admin with lawsuit over 'unlawful' pistol brace rule
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 12:42:13 am »
 :bkmk:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 01:31:52 am »
They can actually do that?
be
Doesn't sound right to me.

What is to prevent people from filing suit after suit against sitting Presidents to keep them too busy to do the work they were elected to do?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 04:09:13 pm »
Yeah the NRA a day late and millions upon millions of their members dollars short! The high priced NRA law firm twiddled their thumbs while the Second Amendment Foundation and others won an injunction against the ATF on it's pistol brace rule and basically at the end of the hearing tried to join on and the judge told them to bugger off because they waited too long **nononono* So while members of SAF and the manufacturers and who ever else won the injunction are exempted from the rule the NRA members are screwed again by their leaderships incompetence. If you want to fall under the umbrella of the SAF victory and 'legally by ATF scum rules' own and use a pistol brace you can join SAF for $15 a year and you will be covered by their win as a member.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2023, 08:31:02 am »
Yeah the NRA a day late and millions upon millions of their members dollars short! The high priced NRA law firm twiddled their thumbs while the Second Amendment Foundation and others won an injunction against the ATF on it's pistol brace rule and basically at the end of the hearing tried to join on and the judge told them to bugger off because they waited too long **nononono* So while members of SAF and the manufacturers and who ever else won the injunction are exempted from the rule the NRA members are screwed again by their leaderships incompetence. If you want to fall under the umbrella of the SAF victory and 'legally by ATF scum rules' own and use a pistol brace you can join SAF for $15 a year and you will be covered by their win as a member.

Are you serious? The win only covers The Second Amendment Foundation members? @GtHawk
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023, 04:17:43 pm »
Are you serious? The win only covers The Second Amendment Foundation members? @GtHawk
At this time yes the win only covers those who originally brought and won the suit, with the exception that since the SAF was a winning party all current and future members are covered. I don't have an AR style pistol or brace bought I figured $15 was cheap to be covered plus the fact that SAF is bringing the important fights and winning unlike the bloated and incompetent at the top NRA of today.

from r/WAGuns

https://www.reddit.com/r/WAGuns/comments/13xo4ae/joining_saf_andor_fpc_could_allow_you_to_use/
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 04:24:22 pm by GtHawk »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 04:20:38 pm »

That is typically how a court decision works.  For the parties to the case, the decision becomes the "law of the case" and mandatorily binds the parties.

However, the rationale of the decision will also constitute binding precedent for any lower court that is subject to appellate review by the court that issued the decision in question, and the rationale of the decision will often constitute persuasive authority for other courts.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2023, 01:46:44 am »
At this time yes the win only covers those who originally brought and won the suit, with the exception that since the SAF was a winning party all current and future members are covered. I don't have an AR style pistol or brace bought I figured $15 was cheap to be covered plus the fact that SAF is bringing the important fights and winning unlike the bloated and incompetent at the top NRA of today.

Agree about the NRA being about as good as teats on a bull, they pick and choose their battles and often throw in the towel on issues that should of been fought tooth and nail. I consider the NRA to be the FUDD club.

I at one time belonged to GOA but have lapsed membership. They used to be a decent group, but I am out of the loop now.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....