Author Topic: Success Academy smashes Regents AND lefty lies on standardized testing  (Read 334 times)

Offline Kamaji

Success Academy smashes Regents AND lefty lies on standardized testing

By NY Post Editorial Board   
July 2, 2023

Yet more hard data disproves the Democrats’ line that standardized tests are somehow racist: Success Academy, fresh off the heels of a massive study proving how handily it smashed regular public schools in terms of actually teaching kids, has put up insane numbers on New York’s state Regent exams.

All Success 8th-graders took multiple Regents, tests meant for 11th- and 12th-graders. These charter kids — mostly low-income black and Hispanic students, i.e. the children the left claims simply can’t be expected to do well on standardized tests — knocked them out of the park.

Some 99.8% passed the algebra Regents; 47% scored a 5, the highest mark. In English, 94.6% passed; in biology, 96%.

And younger kids kicked butt too, with Success 7th graders taking the global history and geography Regents and 90% passing.

To put this in context, the pass rate for city high schoolers on the algebra test was 57% in 2022, 65% on bio, 73% on English and 74% on global history.

Meanwhile, the “systemic racism” lie (and pressure from teacher unions to hide the failings of public schools) has led the progressive-controlled state Board of Regents to wage war on the exams, with a series of outright cancellations plus waterings-down of what constitutes a pass.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/02/success-academy-excels-on-standardized-tests-despite-democrats-claims/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The ONLY things holding blacks back are "black leaders" and white liberals!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Obviously, Success Academy is racist, racist, racist!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

Obviously, Success Academy is racist, racist, racist!

Clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Remember, kiddies, there were laws against educating slaves to read, write, or do math...

(I have little doubt many 'owners' found it fit to give their bond servants at least a rudimentary education, if for no other reason than the smooth the operations on the farm or at the business).

Ever notice how as reading scores go down we seem increasingly reliant on heiroglyphics?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis