Author Topic: MSNBC's Joy Reid admits affirmative action got her into Harvard  (Read 245 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 July 3, 2023 8:15am EDT
MSNBC's Joy Reid admits affirmative action got her into Harvard
The Supreme Court ruled on Thursday that affirmative action violated the 14th Amendment
By Lindsay Kornick | Fox News

Affirmative action was the only reason MSNBC’s Joy Reid attended Harvard, the anchor insisted on Thursday.

Reid made the point while appearing on "All In with Chris Hayes" to comment on the U.S. Supreme Court ruling that affirmative action in college admissions violated the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause. While opposing the decision, Reid admitted that she benefited from affirmative action herself.

"I got into Harvard only because of affirmative action," Reid said. "I went to a school no one had ever heard of in Denver, Colorado, in a small suburb. I didn’t go to Exeter or Andover. I didn’t have college test prep. I just happened to be really nerdy and smart and have really good grades and good SAT scores."

She continued, "But someone came to Denver to look for me. A Harvard recruiter flew to Denver, and I met me up with her at the Village Inn Restaurant and did a pre-interview to pull me into Harvard. I was pulled in — affirmatively."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbcs-joy-reid-admits-affirmative-action-harvard
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: MSNBC's Joy Reid admits affirmative action got her into Harvard
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 01:45:31 pm »
Once again: we know.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

Re: MSNBC's Joy Reid admits affirmative action got her into Harvard
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 01:47:13 pm »
Once again: we know.
We certainly could have guessed. She didn't need to say a word.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org