Author Topic: Let's Not Forget It Was Mitch McConnell Who Helped Donald Trump With His Historic SCOTUS Appointment  (Read 305 times)

Offline corbe

Let's Not Forget It Was Mitch McConnell Who Helped Donald Trump With His Historic SCOTUS Appointments

By Duke | 10:15 PM on July 01, 2023

Welcome to the first day of July, and I’m already reaching into my first unpopular opinion of the month grab bag. I know this might not be surprising to some of you but I feel it’s important that it be pointed out and actually expanded upon from an earlier article here at RedState.

This has to do with some interesting subjects that have been in the news lately, namely the recent Supreme Court of the United States decisions, Donald Trump, and the ghost of Roe v. Wade, plus Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Earlier on Saturday, colleague Mike Miller wrote right here Megyn Kelly Calls SCOTUS Finale ‘Spectacular Day for Donald Trump’—which I highly suggest you check out, right after reading this post. Here is a brief excerpt.

So, here’s the rest of the story.

Trump deserves credit for deferring to the conservative Federalist Society for a list of potential nominees.

In addition, love him or hate him, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell also deserves credit, for standing steadfast in 2016 against then-President Barack Obama’s lame-duck SCOTUS nomination of the disgraceful Merrick Garland, and in November 2020, quickly pushing Trump nominee Amy Coney Barrett through the confirmation process.

My point: Yes, Trump deserves the majority of the credit, but without wisely listening to the Federalist Society and McConnell doing his thing — twice — the high court’s makeup would likely be far different.

<..snip..>

https://redstate.com/tladuke/2023/07/01/lets-not-forget-it-was-mitch-mcconnell-who-helped-donald-trump-with-his-historic-scotus-appointments-n770330
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

McConnell also put a quick stop to the idea of Trump appointing his Sister, Maryanne.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

McConnell also put a quick stop to the idea of Trump appointing his Sister, Maryanne.

I forgot about that... Only the best...

Online Kamaji

That is the caliber of nomination we would have gotten for all three seats if Trump had been allowed to participate in the process as anything other than a rubber stamp of the decisions made by McConnell and the Federalist Society.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
That is the caliber of nomination we would have gotten for all three seats if Trump had been allowed to participate in the process as anything other than a rubber stamp of the decisions made by McConnell and the Federalist Society.

You still don't get it.

Let's try a baseball analogy...

The Federalist loaded the bases.  We're eternally grateful. And they took all the time they needed to vet them, etc..

Hillary Clinton wins...they're stranded on base.

That's all anybody who's not a "Trump Hater" can clearly understand. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald