Author Topic: SODOM DISCOVERED: Meet the archaeologist who discovered the notorious biblical city, the most dramat  (Read 693 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Joel C. Rosenberg and Tal Heinrich | June 28, 2023

Dr. Steven Collins on TBN's The Rosenberg Report (Photo: Screenshot)
Many people are familiar with the account in the biblical Book of Genesis about the two sin-filled cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and their cataclysmic destruction.

Yet many in this modern, scientific age struggle — or outright refuse — to accept that the cities ever really existed, much less that God wiped them out with fire from heaven.

After all, to believe Genesis would be to accept that God is real, the Bible is true, and that God really does bring judgment against individuals, cities, and even whole nations if they stubbornly reject God and flagrantly disobey His commands.

In other words, if Sodom and Gomorrah really existed and really were destroyed by God raining down fire and brimstone from heaven — especially because the people proudly embraced homosexuality and utterly rejected God’s design of heterosexual marriage, among many other sins — then that would mean that God really has a set of rules for mankind to live by and that there are serious consequences for rejecting Him.

But last week — and again this week — on THE ROSENBERG REPORT, I sat down for an exclusive interview with Dr. Steven Collins, the archaeologist who claims that he and his team have actually uncovered the Biblical cities of Sodom and Gomorrah in the Kingdom of Jordan.

https://allisrael.com/did-sodom-and-gomorrah-really-exist-biblical-archaeologist-reveals-new-evidence-on-the-rosenberg-report

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline PeteS in CA

Why would anyone put a city in an area that could get flooded? I asked. And why would anyone build a large city along the Dead Sea — known as the Salt Sea in the Bible — rather than alongside the Jordan River with its massive supply of fresh water?

Exactly, said Collins, you wouldn’t.

For that reason and many other clues in the scriptures, Collins decided to focus his research around the Jordan River Valley, about eight miles north of the Dead Sea.

Another clue the Bible gives regarding the location of Sodom, he told me, is the description of the meeting between Abraham and Lot before they parted ways.

“The proper question to ask in the location of Sodom is, ‘Where was Lot standing when he lifted up his eyes and saw that the whole plain of the Jordan was well-watered?’ It was Bethel and AI,” Collins explained.

Working from the reason Abraham and Lot parted ways and where they surveyed the land:

* They parted ways because the land they were at could not sustain their combined herds; so both needed water and pasture;

* They did their survey, as the article points out, from a point too far north to be able to see the southern end of the Dead Sea;

* A major city (or cities) needs a large supply of water for crops and livestock; the Dead Sea may have been large, but its mineral content would have rendered it not potable and not usable for crop irrigation.

Whether his find is Sodom, Gomorrah, or one/some of the surrounding cities I won't guess, but the guy's thinking at least makes sense.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline berdie

I'm sure this find would be a picture of the last scene of Planet Of The Apes.