Author Topic: RFK Jr. denounces Supreme Court ruling striking down affirmative action  (Read 154 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

RFK Jr. denounces Supreme Court ruling striking down affirmative action

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who is running against Joe Biden as the Democratic nomination for president, believes affirmative action is needed to 'undo the effects of racist policies.'

Sat Jul 1, 2023 - 3:13 pm EDT

(LifeSiteNews) — Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. denounced the United States Supreme Court ruling striking down affirmative action, prompting a wave of criticism from Americans.

Kennedy said in a Thursday tweet that he believes historically racist policies are now “self-perpetuating” and need to be corrected with affirmative action, which uses quotas or special preference in admitting or hiring racial and ethnic minority groups.

“Affirmative action… uses race-based policies to undo the effects of racist policies,” wrote Kennedy. “‘Color-blind’ admissions tend to favor those who are already in the circle of privilege. It favors those who grew up in affluent, educated households. Wouldn’t you like to invite in those who have been left out in the cold?”

The Supreme Court ruled on Thursday that affirmative action policies in place at Harvard and the University of North Carolina (UNC) violate the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, which mandates that no state shall “deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

“​​The Supreme Court has always acknowledged that the central promise of the Equal Protection Clause is to forbid laws and public policies that discriminate on the basis of race,” Breitbart News noted.

more
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/rfk-jr-denounces-supreme-court-ruling-striking-down-affirmative-action/?utm_source=featured-news&utm_campaign=usa
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

This guy is a complete whack job and I can’t believe that they’re some of those on our side who think he’s worthy of some admiration

Yes, he’s right on the border. But other than that, he is far to the left.

A whack job and far to the left. Perfect for today’s modern Democrat Party
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 02:28:32 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy