Author Topic: Thousands Gather Hours Ahead of Trump Rally in Pickens, South Carolina  (Read 6141 times)

Offline Hoodat

@Right_in_Virginia

Eat your liver,Ron DeSanctimonious,you backstabbing little bitch!

You COULD have been up  there with him as his VP running mate, but got too greedy and too ambitious.

How do you envision a path to victory for Trump without Florida's 30 electoral votes?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

I cited the USSS. The truth is that the USSS did not say 55,000, which is all I stated. If you're trying to call me a liar, come right out and say it, then.

I would *never* call you a liar @mountaineer

Have a fun Fourth!   :patriot:

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

How do you envision a path to victory for Trump without Florida's 30 electoral votes?

Trump will take Florida. I can’t see Florida voting for Biden.

It states like  Georgia, South Carolina, Nevada, Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania that Trump won’t carry

He could win by carrying the Bush 2004 states. Except states like Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Arizona won’t vote for Trump.

However, if Trump loses Florida, turn off your TV and go to bed and say congratulations to President reelect, Joe Biden and his cackling side kick
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 10:48:32 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

Trump will take Florida.

Not if DeSantis is his running mate.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

Not if DeSantis is his running mate.

Why do you think that? Trump won Florida pretty handling in both 2016 and 2020.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Hoodat

You think DeSanctimonious OWNS all of the votes in Fla?

Or even that he is going to remain as popular as he was during the last election,thanks to Trump supporting him?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

Trump has smeared DeSantis.  If Trump runs, even with DeSantis as his running mate, I will NOT vote for him.  Trump trashing a true conservative and then that conservative runs with him?  I don't think so.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

@Hoodat

Or even that he is going to remain as popular as he was during the last election,thanks to Trump supporting him?

:silly: DeSantis didn't win FL because of Trump. That talking point needs to die because it isn't true.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

:silly: DeSantis didn't win FL because of Trump. That talking point needs to die because it isn't true.

:thumbsup:

Offline Hoodat

US Constitution, Amendment XII

Florida electors can only vote for a ticket that includes someone not from Florida.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 10:58:47 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

I can accept that Trump campaigning for him in 2018 may have given him an edge

But look at the landslide he won in 2022 without Trump :rolling: :rolling:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 11:01:25 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

@Hoodat

No, I think that someone would have to be a complete fool to repeatedly suggest that a Presidential candidate would choose someone from his own State as a running mate, effectively forfeiting 30 electoral votes before election day arrives.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

Did your cat tell you  that?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No, I think that someone would have to be a complete fool to repeatedly suggest that a Presidential candidate would choose someone from his own State as a running mate, effectively forfeiting 30 electoral votes before election day arrives.

@Hoodat

Let me see if I understand this. Are you  claiming that Trump would be the VP running mate?

Offline Hoodat

@Hoodat

Let me see if I understand this. Are you  claiming that Trump would be the VP running mate?

No.  Are you?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
US Constitution, Amendment XII

Florida electors can only vote for a ticket that includes someone not from Florida.

The relevant part of the Amendment reads:

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves.

So theoretically, if you had a Trump/DeSantis ticket, the Florida electors could still vote for Trump for president, but could not also vote for DeSantis for vice president as well.  Or the converse.

It would be possible for some Florida electors to vote for Trump for President, and for others to vote for DeSantis as Vice-President.  They could then cast their other vote for President or Vice President (as appropriate) for some schlub rather than a Democrat.

So it wouldn't necessarily be a full 30 vote swing towards the Democrat, but it's still wouldn't be a risk worth taking.  Not sure why folks keep ignoring that while arguing that there should have been a Trump/DeSantis ticket.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 12:22:26 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No.  Are you?

@Hoodat

You are kidding,right?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves.

So theoretically, if you had a Trump/DeSantis ticket, the Florida electors could still vote for Trump for president, but could not also vote for DeSantis for vice president as well.  Or the converse.

It would be possible for some Florida electors to vote for Trump for President, and for others to vote for DeSantis as Vice-President.  They could then cast their other vote for President or Vice President (as appropriate) for some schlub rather than a Democrat.

So it wouldn't necessarily be a full 30 vote swing towards the Democrat, but it's still wouldn't be a risk worth taking.  Not sure why folks keep ignoring that while arguing that there should have been a Trump/DeSantis ticket.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Can't speak for anyone else,but  I have been "ignoring" it because I didn't know about it.

Serious question: Trump is also a resident of NYC and owns land and buildings there. What would prevent him from changing his address to one of his NYC properties,and avoiding that little problem?

Online libertybele

@libertybele

Did your cat tell you  that?

Did your cat tell you that Trump helped DeSantis??  Seriously?? You need to get a cat who is better informed.  happy77

P.S.  BTW I don't have a cat.

Online libertybele

Thanks for the reminder.  happy77

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Did your cat tell you that Trump helped DeSantis??  Seriously?? You need to get a cat who is better informed.  happy77

P.S.  BTW I don't have a cat.

@libertybele

Then you should get one. They are sensible creatures,and you might learn something.

Offline Hoodat

No.  Read it again.

So which one is not an inhabitant of Florida?  (Hint:  They are both inhabitants of Florida, which means there is no one to vote for who is not an inhabitant of Florida.)

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

@Hoodat

You are kidding,right?

This is the second time we've been over this, @sneakypete .  Which is why it intrigues me that you keep bringing it up.  I have yet to see anything coming from Trump to indicate he would consider picking someone from his own State for VP and forfeiting 30 electoral votes.  Yet you keep insisting that DeSantis stabbed Trump in the back by not being his VP.  Did you make this up yourself?  Or did you get this idea from someone else?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
No.  Read it again.

So which one is not an inhabitant of Florida?  (Hint:  They are both inhabitants of Florida, which means there is no one to vote for who is not an inhabitant of Florida.)

If a Florida elector voted for Trump for President, and Mike Lindell for Veep, "one of whom, at least" (Lindell) would not be a Florida inhabitant.  So, the Trump vote would count.

The elector doesn't have to vote for DeSantis just because he's on the GOP ticket - the Constitution actually doesn't permit it.  The VP vote would be a throwaway so the Trump vote could count.

Of course, that might mean you end up with Donald Trump as President, and Kamala Harris as Vice President.  Lol.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 01:01:12 am by Maj. Bill Martin »