Author Topic: Thousands Gather Hours Ahead of Trump Rally in Pickens, South Carolina  (Read 6139 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Thousands Gather Hours Ahead of Trump Rally in Pickens, South Carolina
« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2023, 07:52:42 pm »
If we implemented every election reform item listed earlier, and the election was between Trump and Biden, and Biden won reelection, would Trump supporters accept the results then? Likewise, would  the Democrats and left accept it if Trump defeated Biden in 2024?

The answer is no on both questions
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2023, 10:23:47 pm »
LMAO comments:
"The Republican Party can’t win general elections with MAGA candidates. And I doubt it can win elections with candidates running on a platform to reduce the size of the federal government because half the country is dependent on the federal government in some form."

I see you as being half-right here.

It may soon become impossible for Republican to run for president "on a platform to reduce the size of the federal government" because of the reason you stated.

That is to say, "traditional" Republican campaign planks (in the overall platform) just aren't going to be enough any more. They may win in the red states, but they'll NEVER win again in the blue states. Such a platform may even be in trouble in the purple states.

Having said that, I believe you're wrong about the MAGA platform and candidates. It (and they) will become (as Mr. Trump IS) a hybrid of some [former] Republican ideas mixed in with a new populism. Much of that "new populism" is a re-embrace of "traditional-minded" ideas and heritage -- concepts the GOP elite has a history of paying a little lip service to before elections, then completely ignoring and abdicating post-election.

Or... to be blunt... on a national level, the "Republican" party (of the "elites") may be fading away in the same way as did the Whigs almost 150 years ago. Some other party may emerge, either to displace or else absorb the old GOP.

In the current Divided States of America, the old Pubbie party hasn't a hope of winning back the blue states, if they could be "won back" at all (I doubt they can). Heck, the Pubbies can't even seem to hang on to the purple states they had been controlling until the 2020 elections. As Paul Simon would say, "slip, slidin' away..."

Something new will have to replace the traditional GOP.
I don't know what that will eventually become.
I just know who I'll be votin' for in '24...

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2023, 10:24:27 pm »
If we implemented every election reform item listed earlier, and the election was between Trump and Biden, and Biden won reelection, would Trump supporters accept the results then? Likewise, would  the Democrats and left accept it if Trump defeated Biden in 2024?

The answer is no on both questions

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2023, 12:57:31 am »
This is why the media and Democrats cry of "election deniers" rang hollow in 2022

They forget their own "election denialism" from election night 2016 up to election night 2020
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2023, 02:15:08 pm »
This is why the media and Democrats cry of "election deniers" rang hollow in 2022

They forget their own "election denialism" from election night 2016 up to election night 2020

Right.  They're completely fine with election denialism or violent protests as long as they favor their side.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2023, 04:47:05 pm »
Right.  They're completely fine with election denialism or violent protests as long as they favor their side.

And one of the most vocal critics of Trump not accepting his election laws was Hillary Clinton herself

If there’s one person who should keep their mouth shut about election denialism, it’s Bill Clinton’s bride

Barry Goldwater