Author Topic: Woke Dean Caught On Tape Explaining How The School Gets Around Anti-Discrimination Laws For The Sak  (Read 764 times)

Offline American Girl

A law professor clearly violated the law.

There are a thousand deans and hiring committees across the country having this same conversation about admissions right now.

His logic: You can break the law in practice by preferring candidates of certain races, and we'll even tell you to do that, but you can't say it out loud.

This is avoiding prosecution 101.

https://www.rightjournalism.com/woke-dean-caught-on-tape-explaining-how-the-school-gets-around-anti-discrimination-laws-for-the-sake-of-diversity/

Offline roamer_1

The problem is the lawsuits, not the actual breaking of the law - There is no oversight to my knowledge... but folks will be standing in line if the colleges are discriminating against race.

Offline Kamaji

That would be dealt with by suing for discrimination and obtaining the application and admissions data in the course of discovery.  If the figures indicate that the figures have been "managed" to reach a racial spoils or quota system, that would be indirect evidence of discrimination and would support a jury verdict against the school.

This is the typical procedure used in employment discrimination lawsuits and this law professor ain't that smart if he's not aware of this fact.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Its time for the Leftists to learn that disparate impact can now be applied to them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That would be dealt with by suing for discrimination and obtaining the application and admissions data in the course of discovery.  If the figures indicate that the figures have been "managed" to reach a racial spoils or quota system, that would be indirect evidence of discrimination and would support a jury verdict against the school.

This is the typical procedure used in employment discrimination lawsuits and this law professor ain't that smart if he's not aware of this fact.

This is exactly correct. Discrimination has been outlawed for more than half a century, so obviously most places that discriminate don't announce publicly that that's what they're doing. Yet, they still get sued, and they still lose.

It's going to take a lot of lawsuits in various jurisdictions for the full import of this ruling to sink in, but it will sink in.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Its time for the Leftists to learn that disparate impact can now be applied to them.

Exactly.  They're complicated cases, but definitely winnable.

Offline Kamaji

This is exactly correct. Discrimination has been outlawed for more than half a century, so obviously most places that discriminate don't announce publicly that that's what they're doing. Yet, they still get sued, and they still lose.

It's going to take a lot of lawsuits in various jurisdictions for the full import of this ruling to sink in, but it will sink in.

:thumbsup:

Offline goatprairie

The attitude of many liberals is they, SC judges/legislators, can pass laws/issue judgements, then they have to try to enforce them.
Woke institutions of higher learning (virtually all of them) will certainly attempt to go around the decisions of the SC judges. They love to sneer at laws...especially ones dictated by conservative SC judges.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
A law professor clearly violated the law.

There are a thousand deans and hiring committees across the country having this same conversation about admissions right now.

His logic: You can break the law in practice by preferring candidates of certain races, and we'll even tell you to do that, but you can't say it out loud.

This is avoiding prosecution 101.

https://www.rightjournalism.com/woke-dean-caught-on-tape-explaining-how-the-school-gets-around-anti-discrimination-laws-for-the-sake-of-diversity/

Unfortunately, the prevailing culture at most public universities today will sustain everything this "professor" says here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Kamaji

This is Berkley,Ca,and he is going to get a Berkley jury.

ANY lawyer that takes an anti-AA case to trail is going to lose.

His only hope will be winning the case of appeal to a higher court. (well,not REALLY "higher",but you know what I meant.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 04:31:32 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

@Kamaji

This is Berkley,Ca,and he is going to get a Berkley jury.

ANY lawyer that takes an anti-AA case to trail is going to lose.

His only hope will be winning the case of appeal to a higher court. (well,not REALLY "higher",but you know what I meant.)

Bullshit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Bullshit.

@Kamaji

So.....,you think it is possible in a case like this to seat a conservative jury in BERKLEY,CA?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!