Author Topic: Chinese spy balloon didn’t collect intelligence as it flew over US: Pentagon  (Read 350 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chinese spy balloon didn’t collect intelligence as it flew over US: Pentagon

The vessel passed over sensitive military sites before being downed in February.
ByMatt Seyler and Jon Haworth
Video byJessie DiMartino
June 29, 2023, 5:36 PM

The Chinese spy balloon that was shot down over the Atlantic Ocean in early February was built, at least partly, using American off-the-shelf parts, a U.S. official has confirmed to ABC News.

The official could not say whether any of the American gear was sold illicitly to China but said determining whether any of it came from illegal trade was a topic of serious concern among officials since some items -- like chips -- are forbidden to sell to certain markets.

Later Thursday, Pentagon press secretary Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said that the balloon not only did not transmit data back to China -- it never collected any.

"We're aware that it had intelligence collection capabilities, but it was our -- and it has been our -- assessment now that it did not collect while it was transiting the United States," Ryder said during a briefing, adding, "As we said at the time, we also took steps to mitigate the potential collection efforts."

more
https://abcnews.go.com/US/chinese-spy-balloon-american-made-parts-transmit-data/story?id=100476856
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sure, whatever!

It's just a coincidence that the *balloon* hovered over military installations ...../s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Polly Ticks

Sure, whatever!

It's just a coincidence that the *balloon* hovered over military installations ...../s

They're not even trying to make the lies believable anymore. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
They're not even trying to make the lies believable anymore.

:yowsa: There is no longer any need for that it seems to me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

BS! China is stupid enough to send a balloon over the US loaded with electronics and never use those electronics? Just to show the US China's capabilities? I'd ask how stupid the LIEden MalAdministration thinks American people are, but they've long made that clear.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sure, whatever!

Since the misadministration's story was that they hadn't a clue the balloon was even there until a civilian report disclosing it how can they expect anyone to believe it didn't transmit any information? Were they lying then or lying now? Most likely they were and are lying all the time because truth to a democrat is like sunshine to a vampire.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The ballon didn't have to transmit information back to China ... it only needed to transmit to the nearest available Chi-com agent or cell tower.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.