Author Topic: Inflation declined to 3.8% in May  (Read 906 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation declined to 3.8% in May
« on: June 30, 2023, 01:21:55 pm »
Inflation declined to 3.8% in May, according to key gauge watched by Fed
by Zachary Halaschak, Economics Reporter |
June 30, 2023 08:32 AM

Inflation fell to a 3.8% annual rate in May, as measured by the gauge favored by the Federal Reserve.

The decline in the personal consumption expenditures price index reported Friday morning by the Bureau of Economic Analysis shows that inflationary pressures are abating in the face of the Fed’s campaign to slow economywide spending by hiking interest rates.

Nevertheless, inflation is still running hotter than the central bank’s target and dinging household purchasing power.

Core PCE inflation, a measure of inflation that strips out energy and food prices and is generally less volatile, is clocking in at a 4.6% year-over-year rate.

Other recent measures of inflation have shown that prices are falling back to Earth from the highs notched last year, which marked the country’s worst inflationary plague in decades.

The consumer price index showed a 4% annual rate of inflation in May, down from 4.9% the previous month. The annual CPI inflation rate has been trending downward since peaking last June and is now running at the lowest level since March 2021, right around when the country’s inflationary troubles started bubbling up.

Additionally, inflation fell to a 1.1% annual rate in May, as measured by the producer price index that gauges the wholesale prices of goods, which are eventually passed down to consumers.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/inflation-declined-may-key-gauge
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Inflation declined to 3.8% in May
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 10:09:23 pm »
"Inflation declined to 3.8% in May"

I want to see it "decline" to MINUS 3%.
That would be a good start.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 10:45:35 pm »

I'd like to see in real affect. At the grocery store, gas prices electricity prices.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2023, 05:38:31 pm »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2023, 06:07:56 pm »

I'd like to see in real affect. At the grocery store, gas prices electricity prices.

I agree .... Bidennomics = soaring inflation.  The cost of gas that I put in my car has doubled and then some.  When I first bought my car back in 2019 I could fill up for under $20.  I now fill up for around $45.  Our electric bill during the peak of summer used to be around $100.  It is now around $230.  I don't know what it's going to be now with a metal roof and a solar attic fan -- but we've already paying around $160, and temps have also been in the '90's already, so we'll see.  Groceries -- I tried to refill both our freezers -- ouch! Sigh.  We're experiencing what the rest of the country is, I just hope they realize and open their eyes to what the leftists/marxists are doing.  Let's Go Brandon!!! 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2023, 06:26:48 pm »
Gas prices have trended down around here :shrug:

Groceries are still high, though.

So what’s Plan B if next year people notice that inflation is trending downward? They’ll be even less inclined to vote for Trump and DeSantis’s anti woke platform isn’t enough to get people to vote the incumbent out

Reagan’s JAR was in the crapper at about this time in 1983 and he went on to win a landslide a year later
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 06:41:37 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2023, 06:39:44 pm »
I agree .... Bidennomics = soaring inflation.  The cost of gas that I put in my car has doubled and then some.  When I first bought my car back in 2019 I could fill up for under $20.  I now fill up for around $45.  Our electric bill during the peak of summer used to be around $100.  It is now around $230.  I don't know what it's going to be now with a metal roof and a solar attic fan -- but we've already paying around $160, and temps have also been in the '90's already, so we'll see.  Groceries -- I tried to refill both our freezers -- ouch! Sigh.  We're experiencing what the rest of the country is, I just hope they realize and open their eyes to what the leftists/marxists are doing.  Let's Go Brandon!!!

SHEETZ is selling gas at 1.76 @gallon all day today.  (1776)

Now THAT'S a smart advertising campaign IMO.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2023, 06:42:17 pm »

I bet the lines to gas up are horrific
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2023, 07:02:18 pm »

Yep.  And it would if the Fed began collecting money the US Treasury owes it and removed it from circulation.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2023, 07:19:24 pm »
In other news, Wegman's Haas avocados are $1.29, down from $1.49.

Now, they didn't look all buffed shiny green. 

Nope, they look like the avocados Bonnie would buy if SHE went shopping!   :silly: (Pulp Fiction)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2023, 07:35:47 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2023, 08:02:25 pm »

They said on the local news that people lined up at midnight to get a shot at the cheap gas. Mr. M drove past a Sheetz near us and the line was 30 cars in each direction.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2023, 10:24:41 pm »
Inflation declined to 3.8% in May, according to key gauge watched by Fed
by Zachary Halaschak, Economics Reporter |
June 30, 2023 08:32 AM

Inflation fell to a 3.8% annual rate in May, as measured by the gauge favored by the Federal Reserve.
Aaaaah, the good old "annual/year over year" inflation rate...very "comforting"/misleading...if you add up all the annual rates since 2019 you get prices up 20% in 4 years.  And that is using the phony government inflation #'s. "Real life" numbers would be more like 30% over 4 years....the government has changed the measure of inflation (CPI) multiple times....always going in the "understatement" direction.

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/u-s-inflation-rate-history-by-year-and-forecast-3306093

http://www.shadowstats.com/article/no-438-public-comment-on-inflation-measurement

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/inflation-charts
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 10:30:27 pm by Drago »

Offline DCPatriot

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2023, 10:30:31 pm »
[img width=325https://www.storypick.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/QT9.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yJ0ciNquuM

NSFW!!  @Hoodat    happy77

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2023, 03:52:37 pm »
Both fed 10 and 30 long bonds are both above 4% today. 

Show me one economist who thinks this is the benchmark of a good biden economy, and I will personally call them an idiot.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.