Author Topic: Poll: Pride in Being American Hovers Near Record Low Ahead of Independence Day  (Read 372 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Pride in Being American Hovers Near Record Low Ahead of Independence Day

Simon Kent 30 Jun 2023

A poll released Thursday shows slightly more than a third (39 percent) of Americans say they are “extremely proud” to be American ahead of Independence Day.

That count in 2023 is one percent higher than last year’s 38 percent, which was a record low according to polling firm Gallup, despite President Joe Biden’s promise to “restore the soul and to secure the future of America.”

UPI reports a total of 67 percent of those surveyed identified as either extremely proud or very proud, compared to 65 percent last year.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/30/poll-pride-in-being-american-hovers-near-record-low-ahead-of-independence-day/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
My pride in being an American citizen, "the greatest privilege on earth," means that I was born into a country that conferred freedom upon me, and had in place a government with one purpose and one purpose only: to protect that freedom.

We have gone so far astray from that, driven by the mob, that my pride in country is not what it once was.

In my retirement years I have had the opportunity to travel around the world and see how other people live. There are many countries around the world where people have more freedom, especially economic freedom, than they do in the USA. Nonetheless, when I get through customs, and I am back on American soil, I tend to be very happy that I am a citizen of the USA, and I wonder how I got to be born so lucky.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 02:04:12 pm by massadvj »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Just being proud of your country doesn't cut it anymore. If people want to save things it's going to mean getting in the scrum and fighting for it. No more sitting in the cheap seats.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I wonder how much of this poll is driven by conservatives disenchanted from how far we've strayed from our traditional values v. young leftists who despise those values in the first place.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If you disconnect from media, and walk around, you'll see that Americans who aren't on TV, radio, or social media are building a better nation for all, brick by brick, just as they always have.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If you disconnect from media, and walk around, you'll see that Americans who aren't on TV, radio, or social media are building a better nation for all, brick by brick, just as they always have.
And for the first time in our history, they're losing. This country is dying from within. Look at our rates of marriage and birth. Who defends the traditional structure, our institutions? The churches are falling apart. The families can't even form because men get rejected for opposing abortion. We're dying, and NOBODY is helping us!

Instead, we have lefty grifters like Donald Trump.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024