Author Topic: Maine Delegation Says Offshore Wind Development Can’t Be Prioritized Over Fishermen  (Read 206 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Maine Delegation Says Offshore Wind Development Can’t Be Prioritized Over Fishermen

Heartland Author
June 26, 2023

By Brent Addleman
(The Center Square) – Maine’s governor and federal legislators are urging the Biden administration to consider the views of the state’s fishing communities when reviewing offshore wind projects in the Gulf of Maine.

Democratic Gov. Janet Mills, U.S. Sens. Susan Collins, R-ME, and Angus King, I-ME, and U.S. Reps. Chellie Pingree, D-ME, and Jared Golden, D-ME, joined forces to send a letter to the Bureau of Ocean Management requesting that wind development projects avoid key lobstering areas.

In the letter, the group of elected officials urged that the bureau work to minimize “all potential conflicts” between the two industries.

According to a release, the letter is a response to the Gulf’s Call for Information and Nominations publication, which invited the public to comment on and assess interest in potential commercial wind energy development projects in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2023/06/maine-delegation-says-offshore-wind-development-cant-be-prioritized-over-fishermen/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Jersey doesn't have a problem with putting wind farms ahead of fishermen and whales. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson