Author Topic: The Man Who Would Be Green King. It’s a long drop  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Man Who Would Be Green King. It’s a long drop
« on: June 30, 2023, 11:33:20 am »
The Man Who Would Be Green King
It’s a long drop

POSTED ON 24 JUN 23
BY JITIN ENERGY, NET ZERO, POLITICS, RENEWABLES
12 MINUTES READ
[Please excuse the bits where I get angry and write in ALL CAPS.]

All he has to do is hide in a bunker for the next 18 months and victory is assured. Sooner or later – probably later, clinging on to power by their claw-tips – the Tories will have to call an election. A less popular government you’d be hard pressed to find. Hello Red, Goodbye Blue. We’re talking Blair ’97 territory here.

But Sir Keir Starmer felt the need last week to come out and give a speech on energy. Luckily for him, it landed with the thud of a dandelion’s feather-winged achene on an unkempt lawn (one Labour councillor resigned); but seasoned climate sceptics saw enough in it to bite their knuckles in fear.

What did the next Prime Minister say?

I did not hear the speech, and am relying on the transcript from LabourList for this commentary. Nor did I hear the warm-up acts, which included Ed Miliband (update: I have heard most of what Ed said now). Ed is said to have described Labour’s national mission on clean energy as “the sound of the future arriving.” [Confirmed.]

https://cliscep.com/2023/06/24/the-man-who-would-be-green-king/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson