Author Topic: Paving the Road to Net-Zero  (Read 208 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Paving the Road to Net-Zero
« on: June 30, 2023, 11:25:33 am »
Paving the Road to Net-Zero
18 hours ago 
Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach

My wonderful friend Willie Soon sent me this photo.

Curious about the backstory, I used Google Images to identify the location and found an article describing the carnage. It happened last Friday. The article is stupendous, published in the “Cowboy State Daily”. As an erstwhile cowboy myself, I can only approve of the newspaper’s name.

The installation in the photo is a 5.2 MW solar farm, destroyed in a heartbeat by a hailstorm … “cheap electricity” they said …

The best parts of the article are the comments of the manager:

“Kevin Spencer, Scottsbluff city manager, told Cowboy State Daily the Nebraska Public Power District, which owns the solar farm, is still assessing the damage, but it’s going to need some repairs.”

“Gonna need some repairs”? Ya think? …

But it gets better:

“He said he was previously told the panels were hail-proof, but that might have meant hail up to a certain size.”

Ya think?

Oh, yeah, one more beautiful detail.

“The Federal Emergency Management Agency ranks this area in its the highest category for hail risk on the national index.”

Is there a Darwin Award for suicidal climate projects?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/06/29/paving-the-road-to-net-zero/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

Re: Paving the Road to Net-Zero
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 11:28:41 am »
And most of those damaged panels will simply be chucked into a landfill, where they will leach heavy metals and other hazardous materials into the ground.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Paving the Road to Net-Zero
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 11:49:00 am »
  where they will leach heavy metals and other hazardous materials into the ground.

And the water.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson