Author Topic: District Precinct Chairs Unite in Attempt to Censure Dade Phelan  (Read 407 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Valerie Muñoz June 29, 2023

The Orange County Republican chairman did not permit a vote that would have resulted in the speaker’s censure.

After Texas House Speaker Dade Phelan’s “apparent debilitating intoxication” on the House floor, a supermajority of Orange County Republican Party precinct chairs say they are ready to censure the speaker.

With 14 out of 20 precinct chairs in the largest voting county in Phelan’s district signing a letter in support of the censure—and three more who didn’t sign the letter but are reportedly willing to vote in support—the two-thirds majority needed would have been met, thereby resulting in a censure.

Although the motion to vote was made and seconded at a recent meeting of the county party, Orange County Republican Chairman Leo LaBauve would not allow a vote to occur.

The Orange County GOP then released a statement expressing their disappointment, saying they followed the “correct RPT rules.”

Their reasons for censuring were outlined in a resolution and specified Phelan’s violations of Republican Party of Texas priorities and principles.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/decisiontexas/district-precinct-chairs-unite-in-attempt-to-censure-dade-phelan/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: District Precinct Chairs Unite in Attempt to Censure Dade Phelan
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 09:55:50 pm »
??? 

i thought Phelan was out of Beaumont (Jefferson County)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 10:01:30 pm »
??? 

i thought Phelan was out of Beaumont (Jefferson County)

His district office is in Orange @catfish1957

812 North 16th Street

Orange, Texas 77630

(409) 745-2777

https://house.texas.gov/members/speaker/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 10:02:52 pm »
His district office is in Orange @catfish1957

812 North 16th Street

Orange, Texas 77630

(409) 745-2777

https://house.texas.gov/members/speaker/

thx
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2023, 10:17:56 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien