Author Topic: Sparks fly at California's final reparations task force meeting: 'Now's the time for a divorce!'  (Read 1496 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 June 29, 2023 3:40pm EDT
Sparks fly at California's final reparations task force meeting: 'Now's the time for a divorce!'
'What do you get in divorce? You get half the money, half the land, alimony, child support, attorney fees, and everything else!' one attendee said

By Gabriel Hays | Fox News

Several of the attendees at the California Department of Justice’s final Reparations Task Force meeting created a scene during the public comment section of the event Thursday, demanding reparations from the board.

Several excited California residents took advantage of their opportunity to address the board directly, yelling into the mic that the time for reparations is "now!"

One encouraged the crowd in attendance to raise their fists and chant their desires for restitution, while another stood up and screamed for a "divorce" settlement of sorts between Black Americans and the rest of the country.

The Reparations Task Force meeting this week represented the final one in a series of public events facilitating discussions between California residents and state officials about establishing potential restitution for perceived inequality between African Americans and the rest of America stemming from slavery and centuries of discrimination.

The final meeting occurred just over a month after the nine-member panel officially recommended that California state legislators allocate funds to pay African American residents of the state, according to historical discrimination.

According to the task force's recommendation, certain qualifying Black Californians could receive up to $1.2 million in reparations.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/sparks-fly-californias-final-reparations-task-force-meeting-nows-time-divorce
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I want 500 million dollars
A full pallet of gold bricks
A mansion on the coast
Free food for life
Free healthcare and dental
A new White Ferrari
A million dollars a month for life
25 White servants in my mansion (White only)
A vineyard in Napa Valley
A Ranch in Montana
and a partridge in a pear tree
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Kamaji

If you can find a former slave-owner who's still alive, go for it.  Otherwise, those who didn't own slaves don't owe a red cent, particularly not to those who were never slaves in the first place.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Really think any discussions around reparations ought to have inclusion of post 1960 welfare and other entitlements. 

They might be surprised who owes who.......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

Really think any discussions around reparations ought to have inclusion of post 1960 welfare and other entitlements. 

They might be surprised who owes who.......

Exactly!!!!!!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Discussion?

That's the problem.

That anyone even discussed this nonsense, so now the numbers are insane.

Just say "no".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

If you can find a former slave-owner who's still alive, go for it.  Otherwise, those who didn't own slaves don't owe a red cent, particularly not to those who were never slaves in the first place.

Actually, there might be an argument that the heirs of slaveholders owe something to the descendants of the particular slaves their ancestors owned, but beyond that I can't see any even moderately sound concept of justice under which black folk are owed reparations for slavery from anyone.  Those reparations were paid in the blood of Union soldiers.  Maybe realty companies that engaged in red lining owe some the differential between the inter-generational wealth created by whatever home black folk were allowed to buy and the one they could have bought absent red lining.  But justice is always applicable to individuals, not groups.  As Hayek pointed out "social justice" is at best an oxymoron, at worst a con.

BTW, keep the Benin Bronzes, rather than returning them to the descendants of the slave-taking kings who sold many of the slaves who came to the New World to Europeans, let the descendants of the slaves enjoy them in the American museums where they now reside.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Kamaji

Actually, there might be an argument that the heirs of slaveholders owe something to the descendants of the particular slaves their ancestors owned, but beyond that I can't see any even moderately sound concept of justice under which black folk are owed reparations for slavery from anyone.  Those reparations were paid in the blood of Union soldiers.  Maybe realty companies that engaged in red lining owe some the differential between the inter-generational wealth created by whatever home black folk were allowed to buy and the one they could have bought absent red lining.  But justice is always applicable to individuals, not groups.  As Hayek pointed out "social justice" is at best an oxymoron, at worst a con.

BTW, keep the Benin Bronzes, rather than returning them to the descendants of the slave-taking kings who sold many of the slaves who came to the New World to Europeans, let the descendants of the slaves enjoy them in the American museums where they now reside.

Two other points that would have to be factored in:  (a) that the Great Depression was a wealth-destroying disaster, and therefore to the extent that most blacks might have had more wealth if there had been no slavery - ignoring, for the moment, that no slavery would mean that they all stayed back in Africa, where they would be immeasurably poorer than they were even right after slavery was abolished - that wealth would have mostly evaporated during the Great Depression, and (b) to the extent that the lasting effects of slavery are economic, the fact that blacks have disproportionately received welfare benefits over the last 60 years or so should also be taken into account and offset against any supposed claim for reparations.

In short, the bill has been paid, in both blood and treasure, and nothing further is owed.

Offline PeteS in CA

The Reparations @#$% is about to hit the legislature's and Goobernor Noisome's fan.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I wonder if there is a break off point for lineage?  Say I had a great, great aunt that married a former slave. Do I deserve reparations? Along with everyone else who could prove some lineage.

I bet there are a lot of black people who assume they are descended from a slave just because they are black and deserve reparations. It will be a big slap if they find out they they have nothing coming.

And what about future progeny? Every kid born after would be necessarily entitled. In perpetuity
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
"Actually, there might be an argument that the heirs of slaveholders owe something to the descendants of the particular slaves their ancestors owned..."

A "sins of the father" position won't float with me. And I honestly have no idea if any of my ancestors owned any nor would I care.

These people have been handed a silver spoon, platter and gateway and have utterly pissed it away on their own. To hell with them.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 06:06:06 pm by SZonian »
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Kamaji

"Actually, there might be an argument that the heirs of slaveholders owe something to the descendants of the particular slaves their ancestors owned..."

A "sins of the father" position won't float with me. And I honestly have no idea if any of my ancestors owned any nor would I care.

These people have been handed a silver spoon, platter and gateway and have utterly pissed it away on their own. To hell with them.

:thumbsup:

Online mountaineer

I want 500 million dollars
A full pallet of gold bricks
A mansion on the coast
Free food for life
Free healthcare and dental
A new White Ferrari
A million dollars a month for life
25 White servants in my mansion (White only)
A vineyard in Napa Valley
A Ranch in Montana
and a partridge in a pear tree
I want a pony.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I want a rainbow-colored unicorn!

Finally. A doable request.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Fred wrote big with:
"And what about future progeny? Every kid born after would be necessarily entitled. In perpetuity"

That's part of the plan.
But nobody's talkin' about it yet.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Fred wrote big with:
"And what about future progeny? Every kid born after would be necessarily entitled. In perpetuity"

That's part of the plan.

@Fishrrman

Since I am 1/4 Tuscarora Indian and my family land in both New York and North  Carolina were stolen from me,STOLEN,AH TELLS YA!,I want my family land back,and I want rent plus interest for all the money made from that land by the people who stole it from my grandmother!

Anybody that thinks African slaves got a bad deal needs to look at what was done to Native Americans.

BTW,I have no idea who was here before the people we call "Native Americans" moved in an killed them and enslaved any attractive women they might have had were,but lets give them some money,too!

Assuming of course they can be identified genetically as what passes for the "Original Americans". I kinda have my  doubts.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Fred wrote big with:

That's part of the plan.

@Fishrrman

You don't think all that "free stuff" is a part of the plan to  turn  America into a slave state owned by international bankers,do you?

One of my biggest regrets is knowing I will never live long enough to see THAT happen,and the results it brings.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

The whole sins of the father argument ignores the fact that after the war, few slaveholders had anything. Crops seized or burned, taxed off their land, and divested of valuable assets without compensation, they were often as destitute as the former slaves. During the decades of segregation, however, advancements were made in parallel societies in which traditionally black colleges provided an education in law, medicine, and other professions, and the ticket seen, as late as the early 60s, and serving in the military with an eye toward the GI Bill was as much a ticket to success as starting a business.

Then Vietnam and the Great Society and The New Left made a mess of that, and here we are, at the end of 50 years of that mess. The problems are cultural, where a churchgoing social subgroup aiming for meritorious success, employed, two parent families, were scuttled as they were really getting going. The Libertine lies of the Leftists have severely damaged the demographic, and are coming for anyone and everyone else next.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis