Author Topic: Two Months Later It’s Clear: Tucker Carlson Needed Fox News More Than Fox Needed Tucker  (Read 555 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Two Months Later It’s Clear: Tucker Carlson Needed Fox News More Than Fox Needed Tucker

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/two-months-later-its-clear-tucker-carlson-needed-fox-news-more-than-fox-needed-tucker/

This is a snarky, anti-Tucker hit piece that attacks both his substantive content and ratings.  The criticisms of his substantive content aren't worth anything, but the information about the ratings is relevant.

In short, his Twitter-based show isn't doing nearly as well as was initially claimed.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 07:24:41 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dunno, last video got 12.8 million views on twitter.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Dunno, last video got 12.8 million views on twitter.

The article pointed out that means only that the tweet itself got 12.8 million views -- it doesn't mean that all those people clicked on the embedded video and actually watched it.  That's less than 1/10th of the views his first tweet got.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The article pointed out that means only that the tweet itself got 12.8 million views -- it doesn't mean that all those people clicked on the embedded video and actually watched it.  That's less than 1/10th of the views his first tweet got.

I don't see Tucker going much further than any of the other former Fox people. If he does regain his former glory it would be if a major outfit like Fox or CNN were bought out and he was put in a top spot. But then again, Rome wasn't built in a day.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I don't see Tucker going much further than any of the other former Fox people. If he does regain his former glory it would be if a major outfit like Fox or CNN were bought out and he was put in a top spot. But then again, Rome wasn't built in a day.

It never made any sense to assume that his Twitter segment audience was an order of magnitude than both his FoxNews audience and the number of his Twitter subscribers.