Author Topic: OFFSETTING CHINA’S STEALTH FIGHTER ADVANTAGE: AN IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
OFFSETTING CHINA’S STEALTH FIGHTER ADVANTAGE: AN IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS
Alex Hollings | June 28, 2023

America’s F-22 Raptor is still widely considered the most capable and dominant air superiority fighter in the world, but as China’s J-20 production continues to ramp up, the F-22’s dominance now faces a significant threat. This threat isn’t necessarily in stealth or even aerobatic performance, but potentially in an even more important combat capability metric: volume.

The Raptor’s abbreviated production run, which ended in 2011 with just 186 airframes delivered, may have doomed the air superiority fighter to a short service life, but with the F-22’s replacement still to manifest, China’s air superiority advantage will almost certainly grow throughout the remainder of the decade and well into the 2030s. Even America’s other 5th generation fighter, the F-35, may not be enough to maintain a capacity advantage over the Pacific. While F-35 production in 2023 is expected to reach as high as 156 aircraft, this volume is distributed across more than a dozen national partners.

“Our commanders tell us that by 2025, the Chinese will have more fifth-generation stealth fighters on the front line than we do,” Senate Armed Services Committee member James Inhofe (R-Okla.) said during a confirmation hearing Oct. 5, 2021.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/offsetting-chinas-stealth-fighter-advantage-an-in-depth-analysis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: OFFSETTING CHINA’S STEALTH FIGHTER ADVANTAGE: AN IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 05:58:52 pm »
Likely stole the design aspects from us, anyway.

(What was on Hillary's hard drives, and what was in Joe's boxes?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis