Author Topic: Sharpton on SCOTUS Affirmative Action Decision: ‘Sticking a Dagger in Our Back’  (Read 839 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sharpton on SCOTUS Affirmative Action Decision: ‘Sticking a Dagger in Our Back’

Pam Key 29 Jun 2023

MSNBC host Al Sharpton said Thursday on “José Díaz-Balart Reports” that the U.S. Supreme Court ruling on affirmative action programs for college admissions was a “dagger in our backs.”

Sharpton said, “Well, I think that this is tantamount to sticking a dagger in our back because what they have said now is that it is unconstitutional to even consider race. And given the racial history of the country, let’s not act like blacks are behind because there’s something in our genes that made us behind. It was against the law for us to even read and write until 160 years ago. We were enslaved for 246 years. So it is to completely throw to the wind the history of why we needed affirmative action in the first place.”

He continued, “So now you have a right-wing Trump court, let’s not forget Trump nominated a third of the sitting court, nine members, three of which Trump put on there, that is saying well, we’ll protect the voting rights on Thursday, Friday and Monday and then we’re going to pull the rug from under you.”

Sharpton added, “I think it is unimaginable not to consider race, given the history of this country and given the data that we still see in this country. Blacks are still 10% less in terms of family wealth than whites. We are still less in education. So either you’re saying we’re genetically inferior or that there’s something that is unequal in society and is unequal because of law.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/29/sharpton-on-scotus-affirmative-action-decision-sticking-a-dagger-in-our-back/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Ohh lookie, someone else with a "stab in the back" grievance.

It's becoming clearer and clearer that only losers make that claim.

Online mountaineer

Please, just sod off, Al.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

let’s not act like blacks are behind because there’s something in our genes that made us behind

Nobody is acting like there's something in Black folks' genes that make them backwards - what holds Black folks back is the suicidal, toxic culture they've been suckered into by rich white liberals (i.e., by racists), a culture that incentivizes victimhood over accomplishment, ignorance over education, and violence over working it out.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Please, just sod off, Al.

But pay your damned taxes first you POS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Nobody is acting like there's something in Black folks' genes that make them backwards - what holds Black folks back is the suicidal, toxic culture they've been suckered into by rich white liberals (i.e., by racists), a culture that incentivizes victimhood over accomplishment, ignorance over education, and violence over working it out.
Compare and contrast Dr. Ben Carson's upbringing to the Rebrun Charlatan motif. No father in Ben's house, but a mother who valued education and made her children read and apply themselves.

Another example: a black lady of my acquaintance never had a man in the house, but she supported her four children working as a domestic. The family lived in Da Rebrun Charlatan's NYC. All four went to college; at least one earned a masters degree. Gee, how on earth could this have happened?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 09:05:46 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Compare and contrast Dr. Ben Carson's upbringing to the Rebrun Charlatan motif. No father in Ben's house, but a mother who valued education and made her children read and apply themselves.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The great thing about the SCOTUS decision is we now see who the true racists are..
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

The great thing about the SCOTUS decision is we now see who the true racists are..
They always show their true colors (no pun intended) eventually.

Here's what a black person of actual achievement (in stark contrast to Sharpton) said about the ruling:
Lt. Governor of Virginia - Winsome Earle-Sears
@WinsomeSears
"I applaud the Supreme Court's landmark ruling today that will ensure college admissions are based on a student's merits, not the color of their skin. Students across America, regardless of their background, will now have access to the best educational opportunities available and be judged on their academic achievements and the content of their character — as they should be. Today's decision is a tremendous victory for our country and gives our children a hope and a future. America continues to work toward her declared ideal that all men are created equal."

« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 10:33:08 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Steve Guest
@SteveGuest

Justice Clarence Thomas blasts Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson's arguments in his concurrence:

KBJ "locks blacks into a seemingly perpetual inferior caste. Such a view is irrational; it is an insult to individual achievement and cancerous to young minds seeking to push through barriers, rather than consign themselves to permanent victimhood."
"JUSTICE JACKSON’s race-infused world view falls flat at each step. Individuals are the sum of their unique experiences, challenges, and accomplishments. What matters is not the barriers they face, but how they choose to confront them."

11:00 AM · Jun 29, 2023

https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1674432761019666435

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup: