Author Topic: How environmental groups fuel forest fires  (Read 211 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How environmental groups fuel forest fires
« on: June 29, 2023, 02:02:29 pm »

How environmental groups fuel forest fires
Story by John Karakoulakis • Yesterday 10:15 AM

The Rocky Mountain West has some of the most beautiful forests in the world. Whether you enjoy hiking, fishing, or simply admiring the views from afar, we’re lucky to have these majestic natural resources in our backyard.

But living in close connection with these forests also takes real work. Public forests, for example, are managed by dedicated state and federal agencies staffed with wildlife biologists, soil scientists, hydrologists, and other professionals.

Too often, their work is made much more difficult — if not impossible — by far-left environmental groups who use strategic lawsuits to prevent forest management activities from taking place. It’s time that elected officials in the nation’s capital put an end to these abusive lawsuits or, at a minimum, roll back some of the worst impacts.

It isn’t just about helping people, who radical environmentalists view as irredeemably bad. It’s also about helping the wildlife species that these groups claim they are trying to protect.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/how-environmental-groups-fuel-forest-fires/ar-AA1d9HNh?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=054f48ea125a4cd49dba3b6122815736&ei=9
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: How environmental groups fuel forest fires
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 02:10:53 pm »
Fire is nature's way of managing forests.  The common element is this:  forests need to be managed, and thus they are either aggressively managed by humans in ways that do not involve fire, including logging and removal of undergrowth, dead trees, and brush, or they are aggressively managed by nature through fire.  It's one or the other; there is no third way, and enviro-fascists who cannot accept that fact are a real threat to society.