Author Topic: RFK Jr. Says He Would Sign ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban if it Reached His Desk  (Read 4095 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
RFK Jr. Says He Would Sign ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban if it Reached His Desk

AWR Hawkins 29 Jun 2023

Democratic presidential hopeful Robert F. Kennedy Jr. told a NewsNation town hall on Wednesday night he would sign an “assault weapons” ban if it reached his desk.

When RFK Jr. was asked about an “assault weapons” ban, the question was framed to reflect strong Democrat support for such a measure.

RFK Jr. responded, “If we can get a consensus on it, if Republicans and Democrats agreed and it passed Congress, I would sign it.”

He made his statement about an “assault weapons” ban just minutes after intimating that guns are not problem. He indicated that Americans have always had guns, and that Americans used to bring firearms to school for “gun clubs,” and no one thought of shooting at children.

RFK Jr.’s admission he would sign an “assault weapons” ban came just over a week after he used a New Hampshire townhall to stand against the idea of taking away guns.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/06/29/rfk-jr-says-he-would-sign-assault-weapons-ban-if-it-reached-his-desk/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Anyone still think he's a viable alternative?

Offline MajorClay

Out, goodbye

Online kevindavis007

Anyone still think he's a viable alternative?

If you where a sane person, hell no.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's "news" akin  to announcing "The Sun will rise in the east tomorrow!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

Of course he would. He is still a leftist.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Of course he would. He is still a leftist.

Can he tell you what an "assault weapon" is?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 05:00:57 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Lest we forget, it was on the heels of his father's assassination that the GCA of '68 was passed.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Lest we forget, it was on the heels of his father's assassination that the GCA of '68 was passed.

@Smokin Joe

Wasn't his father killed by a bolt-action surplus Soviet rifle,and this resulted in the left trying to ban handguns?

Online mountaineer

Bob Jr. is leftist-approved:

Sherrilyn Sezso
@SherrilynJ77881
RFK Jr. is a liberal Democrat who is a lifelong environmental activist. He’s  pro-abortion rights, pro-safety net and affirmative action. He is anti-war and against our disastrous Covid response. And he’s a consumer advocate who fights to hold mega billion dollar corporations to the highest standards to protect powerless children.

I’m thrilled to donate to and strongly support his candidacy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Bob Jr. is leftist-approved:

Sherrilyn Sezso
@SherrilynJ77881
RFK Jr. is a liberal Democrat who is a lifelong environmental activist. He’s  pro-abortion rights, pro-safety net and affirmative action. He is anti-war and against our disastrous Covid response. And he’s a consumer advocate who fights to hold mega billion dollar corporations to the highest standards to protect powerless children.

I’m thrilled to donate to and strongly support his candidacy.

@mountaineer

Just out of curiousity,why do you post here? Conservatives oppose at least half of that.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It will never reach his desk.   He is just pandering to his Biden Base.

Don't panic Briefers.  If trump would be elected he would Ban "Asset" we pones in a heartbeat.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It will never reach his desk.   He is just pandering to his Biden Base.

Don't panic Briefers.  If trump would be elected he would Ban "Asset" we pones in a heartbeat.

@Wingnut

Ahh,so you are voting for RFK Jr if Trump gets the Republican nomination,huh?

Good to know.

Online mountaineer

Just out of curiousity,why do you post here? Conservatives oppose at least half of that.
I posted what some lefty nut on Twitter posted, just so all could see that lefty nuts love RFK Jr., because RFK Jr. holds positions with which lefty nuts agree.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 10:26:51 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@Wingnut

Ahh,so you are voting for RFK Jr if Trump gets the Republican nomination,huh?

Good to know.

Actually you are correct.  I plan to vote for RFK jr in the election if Trump is the GOP challenger.   

So now you know.  Tell Riv if you would.  Keep her in the TRB Trump Leg Humper life line.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@Smokin Joe

Wasn't his father killed by a bolt-action surplus Soviet rifle,and this resulted in the left trying to ban handguns?

That is a confusing post @sneakypete .  RFK was killed with  .22 caliber revolver.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mountaineer

RFK was killed with  .22 caliber revolver.
True. And Bobby Jr.'s uncle allegedly was killed with a cheap Italian rifle, I believe. No "assault" weapons, to my knowledge.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
His position is no different than any other candidate in his party would be.

I'm not going to vote for him.

But from the way things are going, I think he's going to be the DCommunist party candidate in 2024, after ol' white joe gets ushered off stage (or takes himself off the stage).

The only other real challenger would be newsom of California, and I'm thinking that RFKjr. could give newsom a thrashing in any primary debate (assuming they have one).

And -- to take things one step further -- if he's their candidate in 2024, he may very well become president, by virtue of The Party's underground election apparatus in those states where needed.

So don't write off Bobby Jr. as being merely "a leftist".
He could end up becoming "the leftist" with "the mostest"...

Online mountaineer

So don't write off Bobby Jr. as being merely "a leftist".
He could end up becoming "the leftist" with "the mostest"...
Given the current state of the Democrat party, being a leftist is no detriment. In fact, it's a requirement.
 When I describe him as such, I'm not writing him off in the least.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I posted what some lefty nut on Twitter posted, just so all could see that lefty nuts love RFK Jr., because RFK Jr. holds positions with which lefty nuts agree.

@mountaineer

My apologies. I did not realize you were quoting someone.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Actually you are correct.  I plan to vote for RFK jr in the election if Trump is the GOP challenger.   

So now you know.  Tell Riv if you would.  Keep her in the TRB Trump Leg Humper life line.

@Wingnut

Ahhh,you would blow a Kennedy if it would keep "Rude Orange Man" out of office,or just because he is a Kennedy?

BTW,you DO know your new lust bunny is also wealthy,right?

Or is it that inherited wealth and position doesn't bother you,it's those "Rude Orange Outsiders" that you just can't deal with?

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Nope. By Sirhan Sirhan, with an Iver Johnson .22 revolver, stopped by Roosevelt Grier. (His daddy was Bobby Kennedy, not John).

No way I'd vote for him, even if he does make sense on a few things. He's a mixed bag, but the issues we disagree on are deal breakers.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 01:43:29 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

It might help to avoid misinterpretation for some to put the twitter part in a quote box. I knew it was a quote, but some folks might misinterpret it as your comment.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

I didn't think anyone would think I was sherrilyn whatshername, let alone believe I agreed with a gun-grabber.  :shrug:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Bkmk
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️