Author Topic: Homo sapiens likely arose from multiple closely related populations  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Kamaji

Homo sapiens likely arose from multiple closely related populations

Date:  May 17, 2023
Source:  University of California - Davis
Summary:  In testing the genetic material of current populations in Africa and comparing against existing fossil evidence of early Homo sapiens populations there, researchers have uncovered a new model of human evolution -- overturning previous beliefs that a single African population gave rise to all humans.

In testing the genetic material of current populations in Africa and comparing against existing fossil evidence of early Homo sapiens populations there, researchers have uncovered a new model of human evolution -- overturning previous beliefs that a single African population gave rise to all humans. The new research was published today, May 17, in the journal Nature.

Although it is widely understood that Homo sapiens originated in Africa, uncertainty surrounds how branches of human evolution diverged and how people migrated across the continent, said Brenna Henn, professor of anthropology and the Genome Center at UC Davis, corresponding author of the research.

"This uncertainty is due to limited fossil and ancient genomic data, and to the fact that the fossil record does not always align with expectations from models built using modern DNA," she said. "This new research changes the origin of species."

Research co-led by Henn and Simon Gravel of McGill University tested a range of competing models of evolution and migration across Africa proposed in the paleoanthropological and genetics literature, incorporating population genome data from southern, eastern and western Africa.

The authors included newly sequenced genomes from 44 modern Nama individuals from southern Africa, an Indigenous population known to carry exceptional levels of genetic diversity compared to other modern groups. Researchers generated genetic data by collecting saliva samples from modern individuals going about their everyday business in their villages between 2012 and 2015.

The model suggests the earliest population split among early humans that is detectable in contemporary populations occurred 120,000 to 135,000 years ago, after two or more weakly genetically differentiated Homo populations had been mixing for hundreds of thousands of years. After the population split, people still migrated between the stem populations, creating a weakly structured stem. This offers a better explanation of genetic variation among individual humans and human groups than do previous models, the authors suggest.

Source:  https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2023/05/230517121424.htm

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Homo sapiens likely arose from multiple closely related populations
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 01:01:30 am »
Yes, other homo sapiens families.

http://TheEvolutionFraud.wordpress.com

The statistics of naturalistic polypeptide synthesis are insuperable.   In other words, the 20,000 different proteins in human bodies are so extraordinarily complex to make that Darwinian *selection* could never be able to accomplish it for even one protein, much less 20,000 of them. 

1 chance in 10 to the 50 is impossible.  The probability of organizing 33,450 amino acids in a sequence of titin (muscle protein) is 1 in 10 to the 65,000. 
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, it is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 01:36:17 am »
@ChemEngrMBA

Have you heard this?  I think but it is interesting. IMO, life was created here. And it didn't take 10 billion years.

They start with the idea of genetic complexity doubling every 376 million years—working backwards, they say, means that life first came about almost 10 billion years ago, which of course predates the creation of Earth itself. Most scientists agree the Earth formed just 4.5 billion years ago. Assuming that Moore's Law does apply to biological complexity, this would suggest that life began somewhere other than on Earth and migrated here

https://phys.org/news/2013-04-law-life-began-earth.html
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 01:37:38 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 11:02:50 pm »
"There's something fascinating about science.  One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact." - Mark Twain

My book is a scientific look at the Brilliant Creations of Nature's God which surround each of us, daily.  The combined statistics of creations are insuperable, meaning they are beyond explaining away.  Creation is absolute fact.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, it is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 11:41:12 pm »
I don't even many people,but  I sure  as hell envy the people with the luck and ability to get educated enough and be smart enough to investigate the origins of mankind and come up with valid conclusions.

Can you even begin to imagine the pure joy,combined with adrenaline,that rushes through their systems as they peer through their microscopes and suddenly "something clicks in their minds" and they have an individual "Eureka!" moment?

Hell,I would be thrilled to  be one of the  second tier scientists. Just being in the same room with those people would make you more intelligent.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2023, 11:42:44 pm »
Yes, other homo sapiens families.

http://TheEvolutionFraud.wordpress.com

The statistics of naturalistic polypeptide synthesis are insuperable.   In other words, the 20,000 different proteins in human bodies are so extraordinarily complex to make that Darwinian *selection* could never be able to accomplish it for even one protein, much less 20,000 of them. 

1 chance in 10 to the 50 is impossible.  The probability of organizing 33,450 amino acids in a sequence of titin (muscle protein) is 1 in 10 to the 65,000.

@ChemEngrMBA

I want you to know that I am proud to state I understood several of those words!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2023, 11:48:43 pm »
"There's something fascinating about science.  One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact." - Mark Twain

My book is a scientific look at the Brilliant Creations of Nature's God which surround each of us, daily.  The combined statistics of creations are insuperable, meaning they are beyond explaining away.  Creation is absolute fact.

@ChemEngrMBA

@mystery-ak

Would you be willing  to maybe post key points of view on TBR so that those of us interested in this sort of thing might gain some insights?

Mind you,your posts would have to be pretty basic for people like me to understand what you are writing about. Think of it as a "Guide Post For The Evolution Of  Humanity For Idiots", at the Basic Level.

Maybe even title it something like "Clues for the Clueless"?

Would you be ok with  this,Myst?

Maybe even create a new section dedicated to this type of thing so it doesn't clutter up things  for the regular posters?

Who knows were such  a thing could lead?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 11:52:15 pm by sneakypete »

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2023, 12:07:31 am »
   It's a Thread knee deep in Religious matters @sneakypete and I certainly understand and appreciate the foundation of their Faith and Devotion.

But, I usually stay away.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2023, 01:15:51 am »
   It's a Thread knee deep in Religious matters @sneakypete and I certainly understand and appreciate the foundation of their Faith and Devotion.

But, I usually stay away.

@corbe

I can understand that. A free people have a right  to believe in anything they want to believe in,so long as their beliefs doesn't cause them to bring harm to anyone else.

I am weak,though,and sometimes I read something I just have to respond to. I am NOT saying those  people do not have a right to believe anything they want to believe,I am just saying I have a RIGHT to respond to it any time I wish to do so.

Freedom is a Two-Way Street.

Still,I believe that @ChemEngrMBA has some things to say that might be of interest  to us all,regardless of our religious beliefs,or even our lack of religious beliefs.

If the discussion of religion gets too "thick" for me,I can always drop out.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2023, 08:33:32 pm »
I don't even many people,but  I sure  as hell envy the people with the luck and ability to get educated enough and be smart enough to investigate the origins of mankind and come up with valid conclusions.

Can you even begin to imagine the pure joy,combined with adrenaline,that rushes through their systems as they peer through their microscopes and suddenly "something clicks in their minds" and they have an individual "Eureka!" moment?

Hell,I would be thrilled to  be one of the  second tier scientists. Just being in the same room with those people would make you more intelligent.

You are falling for the Fallacy of the Argument From Authority.  You can be in the same room with geniuses and be made stupider and more hateful for your troubles.  Take the Late Unabomber, for example.  Or the Penn State professor who was just arrested for screwing his collie.  A convicted terrorist was a professor at University of Illinois.  He and his conspirators built bombs and destroyed public property such as police stations, killing some.  Professor at Berkeley, "I see racism in the sky, in the ground, in the speed of sound."  She is of course black, and teaches worthless garbage.

As to what are "valid conclusions," these are very often a matter of opinion and conjecture.    One of Carl Sagan's books reads, "Almost nothing is known for certain."    All of us truly know a great deal for certain, but his point was that science is tentative.
Another scientist said "Science doesn't do proofs." 

"The only think known for certain is in pure mathematics." - Carl Sagan 

There are countless areas that can be examined.  Perhaps @sneakypete can suggest four or five topics he is interested in and would like to know more about.   I welcome questions but very seldom get asked.  People seem embarrassed to ask questions, thinking it indicates their ignorance, I suppose. 

Two very fine books I read were difficult to obtain. I could only get one of them on Kindle, not in print.  The other was borrowed from The Library of Congress, with a special pink band of paper wrapping the cover to return it to them via my local library.

These authors are brilliant and eloquent writers.  I will forward my notes taken from these books to @sneakypete via private message as a courtesy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2023, 09:09:45 pm »
I have no interest in discussing mythical creatures with you or anyone else.

If you want to discuss science and actual discoveries,I am interested.

Otherwise,leave me out.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2023, 12:12:21 am »
I have no interest in discussing mythical creatures with you or anyone else.

If you want to discuss science and actual discoveries,I am interested.
Otherwise,leave me out.

Stop lying to everyone, including yourself.  Any time someone discusses science in the context of ruling out atheist nonsense, you atheists thump the Bible when it has not been brought up.  It is a very cowardly and dishonest dodge.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2023, 12:58:50 am »

Stop lying to everyone, including yourself.  Any time someone discusses science in the context of ruling out atheist nonsense, you atheists thump the Bible when it has not been brought up.  It is a very cowardly and dishonest dodge.

@ChemEngrMBA

With ALL due respect,ESAD!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2023, 02:29:39 am »

What amazes me is that atheist fail to realize they have are also members of an organized religion, the difference is the god they worship is NULL and they have no afterlife only dissolution. I find the vast majority of atheists must be jealous of those with religious beliefs, why else all the anger and need to ridicule and belittle those of faith?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2023, 02:37:35 am »
If God designed human beings any way other than through natural selection, he did a piss-poor job.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2023, 09:44:54 pm »
If God designed human beings any way other than through natural selection, he did a piss-poor job.

You atheists could have done SO MUCH BETTER, right?

If Darwinism designed us, it was a great job, but otherwise, it was "piss-poor." 
Makes a LOT of sense.  Really.
The hubris of the ungodly is simply out of control.

Natural selection is the longest running pseudoscientific fraud there is.  Atheism is a longer running fraud, but
it only pretends to be scientific.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 09:57:28 pm by ChemEngrMBA »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2023, 09:47:11 pm »
You atheists could have done SO MUCH BETTER, right?
The hubris of the ungodly is simply out of control.

Natural selection is the longest running pseudoscientific fraud there is.  Atheism is a longer running fraud, but
it only pretends to be scientific.

Who said I was an atheist?  You're assuming facts very much not in evidence.  Perhaps you should be reconsidering your own unstated assumptions.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2023, 10:01:28 pm »
Who said I was an atheist?  You're assuming facts very much not in evidence.  Perhaps you should be reconsidering your own unstated assumptions.

If you're not an atheist, stop talking like one.   They use that "piss-poor" attack all the time.  Humans live to ninety years and are still active.  Our bodies are clearly capable of amazing feats, anywhere.  No other animal comes close. "I am fearfully and wonderfully made and that my soul knoweth right well."
Those are facts in evidence.  We run marathons, swim wide channels, dive to 300 feet on one breath, design marvelous machines and pilot them, fly eight miles high. 

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2023, 10:05:07 pm »
If you're not an atheist, stop talking like one.   They use that "piss-poor" attack all the time.  Humans live to ninety years and are still active.  Our bodies are clearly capable of amazing feats, anywhere.  No other animal comes close. "I am fearfully and wonderfully made and that my soul knoweth right well."
Those are facts in evidence.  We run marathons, swim wide channels, dive to 300 feet on one breath, design marvelous machines and pilot them, fly eight miles high. 

Touchy, touchy, touchy.  It isn't atheistic to believe that God is so wise, so all comprehending, that He new that evolution and natural selection would inevitably lead to His desired results.

It certainly flies in the face of certain reductivist human religious beliefs, but then, I see no reason to not challenge human belief systems if God's own facts put those beliefs into question.

Offline corbe

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2023, 01:03:16 am »
Anunnaki Ancient History Facts We Cant Make Sense Of ~ Lifes Biggest Questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wYLNYTaf14
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2023, 01:09:16 am »
So, we're mutts?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2023, 02:04:30 am »
So, we're mutts?

@DefiantMassRINO

Pretty much.

Not ME,of course,but everybody else.

Offline corbe

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2023, 02:07:04 am »
 :beer:  Obviously @sneakypete since your still on the Trump Train I have achieved lesser Muttness than you.   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2023, 02:19:24 am »
:beer:  Obviously @sneakypete since your still on the Trump Train I have achieved lesser Muttness than you.   

@corbe

Don't let it worry you. You have been wrong before,and with a little luck,you will live to be wrong again.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2023, 03:20:18 pm »

So you think yourself wise due to your support for the traitorous, lying, incompetent pedophile in the White House?  Less of a "mutt"?

American Thinker has an excellent article, "I am a Democrat":  https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/04/what_is_a_democrat.html
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 03:23:25 pm by ChemEngrMBA »