Author Topic: EVs may cause twice as many potholes to save the Planet  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EVs may cause twice as many potholes to save the Planet
« on: June 29, 2023, 12:11:47 pm »
EVs may cause twice as many potholes to save the Planet

By Jo Nova

Wrecking the roads to save the nation from 0.01 degree C?
Electric cars may cause twice as much damage to roads as normal petrol driven cars.

EV’s are heavier, and heavier cars may break bridges and car parks, they wear out tyres 50% faster, increasing pollution, they will cause more road deaths (of other people in smaller cars), and now, they probably wear out roads faster too.

Did anyone think about the carbon emissions of new asphalt and new road surfaces?

Major roads are built to take heavier trucks, but suburban streets were only designed to cope with the occasional truck — not the truck that lives next door. When every car has 300 kilograms more “luggage” there will be consequences.

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/06/evs-may-cause-twice-as-many-potholes-to-save-the-planet/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=evs-may-cause-twice-as-many-potholes-to-save-the-planet
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson