Author Topic: No, Forbes, Climate Change is Not Behind the Sriracha Shortage  (Read 223 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No, Forbes, Climate Change is Not Behind the Sriracha Shortage
By Linnea Lueken -June 29, 20230

A recent Forbes article claims that the recent shortage of the popular hot sauce “Sriracha” is likely due to climate change. This is false. Natural weather patterns in the region of Mexico Sriracha’s chili peppers are grown are not due to the modest warming the earth has experienced over the past decades. Furthermore, a few years of poor production in one region is not evidence of a long-term impact.

The article, “Why Sriracha Prices Are Surging, And Why Climate Change Might Have Something To Do With It,” claims that a production shortage of the chili peppers used by the Hoy Fong company to make sriracha hot sauce is due to “an ongoing drought exacerbated by human-caused climate change,” as well as “back-to-back La Niña events that prolonged it in northern Mexico, where the chilis are grown.”

The recent drought in the southwestern United States and northern Mexico has been held up as proof of the impacts of climate change by many alarmists. The Forbes article repeats the claim that the drought, which has now abated according to the U.S. Drought Monitor, is part of the “the driest 22-year period in more than 1,200 years,” quoting a popularly cited study in Nature Climate Change.

https://climaterealism.com/2023/06/no-forbes-climate-change-is-not-behind-the-sriracha-shortage/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: No, Forbes, Climate Change is Not Behind the Sriracha Shortage
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 10:25:25 pm »
Didn't  know there was a shortage, but that does explain why I haven't been able to find it at my local grocery store lately.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra