Author Topic: Giant Food president says thieves are stealing 'everything' from shrimp to deodorant — and warns som  (Read 793 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Giant Food president says thieves are stealing 'everything' from shrimp to deodorant — and warns some grocery stores could close
Story by abitter@businessinsider.com (Alex Bitter) • Yesterday 9:30 AM

Giant Food, a mid-Atlantic grocery chain, could close stores due to theft, President Ira Kress said.

He told WTOP that Giant is also limiting the number of items that customers can buy at self-
checkout.

Several major retailers have closed stores, citing theft and threats to employees' safety.

Another retailer is threatening to close stores due to theft.

This time, it's Giant Food, which operates about 170 stores in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC. Giant President Ira Kress told Washington DC radio station WTOP on Monday that thieves are stealing "everything," from shrimp to deodorant, at Giant's stores. In response, the chain has placed more items under lock and key, forcing customers to ask for an employee's help.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/giant-food-president-says-thieves-are-stealing-everything-from-shrimp-to-deodorant-and-warns-some-grocery-stores-could-close/ar-AA1d7LZB?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6df860ad053b474fbed71027de178c0c&ei=72
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I have to believe it has absolutely nothing to do with the illegal alien invasion Brandon has wrought on America. :whistle:  You know, only a couple million more mouths to feed with no income.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 11:45:46 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

I see a time when people will go to a grocery store and be placed in front of a computer screen with all the various food and other grocery items they want.
They will then select what they want from the computer screen, someone will collect their items and deposit it for them at a pickup place.
Actually, the wife and I already do that with a number of area stores. It's actually quite nice if you're in a hurry and don't have time to walk around the stores.
You place your order on your computer, go to the store, park in a selected place, call a number, and some person eventually comes out with your order and loads it in your car for you.
Occasionally they make a mistake, but overall we are quite satisfied.
Thieves would be out of luck. What would they do?

Offline andy58-in-nh

For some odd reason, they never have to lock up the sunscreen lotion.  :whistle:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
For some odd reason, they never have to lock up the sunscreen lotion.  :whistle:

Or the work boots at Wal*Mart.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

:laugh: :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Giant Food president says thieves are stealing 'everything' from shrimp to deodorant — and warns some grocery stores could close

@rangerrebew

Dat bees racisist,n'shit!

Da bruthas haz da rite to eat shrimp n inhalil  dodorant,ifn dat bees wat dey wants ta do!

Free Amos n Andy!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I see a time when people will go to a grocery store and be placed in front of a computer screen with all the various food and other grocery items they want.
They will then select what they want from the computer screen, someone will collect their items and deposit it for them at a pickup place.
Actually, the wife and I already do that with a number of area stores. It's actually quite nice if you're in a hurry and don't have time to walk around the stores.
You place your order on your computer, go to the store, park in a selected place, call a number, and some person eventually comes out with your order and loads it in your car for you.

@goatprairie

I gotta admit,I like it.

This probably has something to do with  my bad hips and knees that make it hard for me to walk,but I can see how it would save a LOT of time for people with normal physical ability,and time is not only money,it is moments you can spend with your family,or just relaxing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I've been doing that at Walmart since months before the fake plague.  I haven't been in the store in eons.  They have an App where I select my items and whether or not I'll take substitutions.  Then I pick them up.  They deliver too, but not to my location.

InstaCart does deliver here, so I can get stuff from the Kroger, too.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 05:01:03 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I am guessing these stores are around DC area (and surrounding states)? Never seen one.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I am guessing these stores are around DC area (and surrounding states)? Never seen one.

Giant owns Stop and Shop.they have the same logo
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️